Ch16: Memories; Meeting Wendy

Rogue's pov

Starlight was sitting in the guild hall, a plate of iron in front of her as a lot of commotion was going on in the guild but she was ignored it. She was currently bored. Gajeel had agreed to let Starlight be more independent and allowed her to go on solo missions now and again and she had started taking reading and writing classes from Levy who was more than happy to teach the dragon slayer who knew absolutely nothing about gramme or spelling. But I guess it makes sense since she was 5 when Metalicana disappeared and she did live on the streets for about 3 years so she would have probably forgot how to do those things by that point.

She was just dosing off when a small voice spoke up. "Excuse me. Could I sit here" she asked. Starlight snapped out of her thoughts and looked over at who had been talking. "Wendy. She looks exactly the same as she does now. Even though this was 7 years ago but she was trapped on ten routes island so I guess it makes sense" I pointed out.

"Sure. Not like anyone else was gonna sit there anyway" Starlight replied in a bored tone. "Thank you sir. My name is Wendy. Wendy Marvel and this is my partner Carla" Wendy introduced, pointing between herself and Carla. "I'm Starlight Redfox" Starlight introduced.

"Isn't that a girl's name" Wendy asked a little confused. "Yeah, so" Starlight asked with a shrug of the shoulders. "Well, aren't you a guy" Wendy asked nervously. "I'm female" Starlight told her, no emotion behind what she said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to think you were a boy" Wendy apologized. "Nah it's fine. I get called a boy a lot" Starlight explained before grabbing a piece of metal from the plate.

"What are you doing" Carla asked, shock in her voice. "I'm eating" Starlight pointed out, holding the metal in her hand. "But, you can't eat iron, can you" Wendy asked, looking between Starlight and the metal.

"Salamander eats fire. Granted he eats other foods too but he still eats fire" Starlight pointed out. "Yeah but Natsu is a dragon slayer" Wendy replied. "Who said I'm not" Starlight asked, bitting into the metal. "Wait, your a dragon slayer" Wendy asked with shock and happiness. "Yeah. Are you" Starlight asked, looking at the bluenette. "Yeah. I'm a sky dragon slayer" Wendy replied happily.

"Wanna go on a job with me then. My brother just started letting me go on solo jobs so we could go on one together" Starlight explained. "Really. That would be fun. Wouldn't it Carla" Wendy replied before turning to the exceed. "So long as you don't pick up bad habits it's fine" Carla replied.

"Yeah unless you can somehow pick up on the fact I don't eat a lot or the fact that bad things happen when I get too emotional then you'll be fine" Starlight replied with a grin. "So what job should we do?" Wendy asked, getting up and walking towards the request board with Starlight.

"How about this one. Capturing three thiefs"Starlight suggested before crumpling the page a little after looking at it more clearly." What's wrong" Wendy asked, looking at Starlight. "Oh nothing. It's nothing" She replied with a grin. Wendy’s shrugged and the three headed out of the guild and through the streets 0f Magnolia.

At one point, Starlight stopped, looking through the window of a bookstore. "I wonder if there is any books that Levy doesn't have" Starlight wondered aloud as she kept staring through the window. "Guess she likes to treat Levy with books" I thought aloud.

Suddenly the scream of a girl was heard but no one seemed fazed. Starlight snapped around, panic on her face as she looked for the source. "Wendy. Carla. Where are you" Starlight yelled, her voice not making it over the loud noise from the crowds. She growled in frustration and raced through the crowd.

"Being short has its perks" she smirked as she easily made it through the crowd. She arrived at an alleyway and I spotted three guys, one holding a gun as a bullet was heading straight for Wendy, another scream coming from Carla as she yelled at Wendy to dodge.