Ch29: The Ambush

Rogue's pov

I walked up to the guild with Starlight who had just gotten out of hospital today when the doors burst open. Sting, Gajeel, Yukino, Levy and the Exceeds came out.

"There you guys are. Come on. We're going on a job" Sting laughed, grabbing onto my arm and dragging me along the ground. "What job are we even doing" I asked, looking at Sting. "We're protecting a set of triplets that belong to a mayor of a town and we're escorting them back from Magnolia" Gajeel explained.

"Your also going to need these" Phoenix added, throwing a jar with pills in them at me. I caught the jar and looked at them confused. "What are they" I asked, examining the pills. "Motion sickness pills. They'll help. Gajeel and Sting already took theirs" Yukino explained.

I took one of the pills and gave the jar to Starlight who took a pill and we followed the others as we arrived at a carriage with 3 girls sitting nearby. "Took you long enough" one of them snapped, not even bothering to look up at us. "Rude" I heard Sting whisper.

I stepped on his foot since we shouldn't be making the clients mad. We let the three girls get in first before following and sitting in the massive carriage. I looked at the three girls and saw that two of them were giving us sympathetic looks.

I decided to just look out the window, incase someone tried to ambush us. After a while the carriage started to swerve before falling on its side. We got out and saw that the carriage was hanging over the edge of a ravine.

"That was a close one" Levy spoke, as the driver detached his horses from the carriage and quickly ran away with them. "How are we going to continue now" Phoenix asked, staring in the direction that the guy had gone.

Suddenly I felt someone push me down and seconds after, a bullet shot through where my head had just been. "Who pushed me and how did you know about the bullet" I asked. I didn't get a reply as I looked behind me to see Starlight and Phoenix standing back to back.

"What's going on?" Sting asked before being hushed by Phoenix. "Phoenix quickly turned to a tree and shot an arrow, hitting the wood but there seemed to be no one there.

"Why are you hiding you coward" Starlight yelled, holding a sword in her hand that was a blue colour. "Over there" Levy yelled, pointing at a shadowy figure that was perched in a tree. A bullet was shot as we all gasped. It was heading for one of the girls.

"Multi arrow: Water" Phoenix yelled, firing one of her arrows as they multiplied and water poured all over us. "Great, now I'm soaking wet" one of them complained. "It's better that your wet then being killed by a bullet" Starlight replied before stepping forward.

"Show yourselves right now. We know your there" Starlight yelled. The trees rustled and that's when I saw how many people were there. "An entire guild" I spoke in shock. "How could you not smell them" Yukino asked.

"They've covered their scent. It would have been impossible for us to k ow they were there. Unfortunately for them I smelt the gunpowder and heard the firing of a gun just in time to get Rogue out of the way" Starlight explained, holding the blue sword in her hand. "Where did you even get a blue sword?" Gajeel asked. "Paper make magic. It's a random colour every time" she replied before throwing the sword towards one of the men, hitting him right in the chest as he collapsed to the floor.

We all started fighting but between protecting the girls and fighting an entire guild, it was hard. "Alright. I wielder of creatures of other dimensions summon thee, wielder of shadows Skiadrum, wielder of white, Weisslogia and wielder of metal Metalicana. Come forth in a different form" she yelled.

Three magic circles and appeared and in the place of the magic circles was three men. One had silvery grey hair with an eye patch over one eye and metal studs. The second had pitch black hair like shadows with blood red eyes. The third had white hair as well as a goatie as he had one hand placed on his chin.

"Wait. I thought Weisslogia and Skiadrum were dead" Lector yelled in confusion. The three males started fighting before the silver haired one who must be Metalicana turned to Starlight. "Starlight, send us back. A triple summon is taking too much of a toul on your body" he told her.

Starlight nodded, sending the three back as she took deep breaths. "Starlight. Test out the lacrima" I yelled. "Right" Starlight yelled in reply before half her hair turned white and one eye turned ice blue. "Starlight. Your being possessed again" Gajeel yelled, preparing to attack.

"What are you talking about" she asked, turning to Gajeel. "Your hair and eye. It's changed" Gajeel replied. "It has? It must be part of my dragon force" she replied before attacking one guy. "Hey this dragon force is awesome" Starlight yelled before we all started fighting.

I went into dragon force and so did Sting as we all fought against these guys. Even with dragon force we were still outnumbered and it was still nearly impossible to fight while also protecting someone." This goes against all the things I've told myself but I have no choice" Starlight explained.

"If your accepting that Reflection's help then so help me I will..." Gajeel started but didn't finish as Starlight yelled "Iron Poison form" as her magic started to change. A purple streak went through the middle of her hair. She gained scales around her eyes and over her nose like a mask and her hands became claw like with a mix of purple and dull silver.

"Alright if your doing that then so am I. Iron Shadow form" Gajeel yelled as he gained another look. "You got that when you fought against me right?" I questioned, not fully sure. "Yep" Gajeel replied before standing next to Starlight.

"Iron poison/Iron shadow dragon's roar" they yelled, their roars becoming a unison raid as it took out a large group of the guild. "HELP!" Levy yelled as we all turned to face where it came from.

Levy, Yukino, one of the triplets, Lily, Frosch and Lector were all backed up against the edge of the ravine, all of them with magic handcuffs on. "Hold on" I yelled before Starlight rushed froward. The ground cracked as all of them fell over the edge. "Oh no" Sting yelled as we all rushed to the edge.

I looked over and saw that all of them were alright. Starlight was using her magic to keep them on the rock by turning her hand into a pickaxe. She held the girl in her other hand. She had her foot in the neck of Yukino's Cape who held onto Levy and she held Lily's tail in her mouth who was holding onto Lector who was holding onto Frosch.

"Hold on. We'll get you out of there" Sting yelled as Phoenix flew down. "Why don't you use your human form" Gajeel asked. "Too dangerous. I would be risking too much if I did that" Phoenix replied before turning to the girl. "Alright. Your first" Phoenix explained. "No get away from me you filthy fleabag" she replied. "Do you want to die" Phoenix hissed in reply her tail swishing.

"Phoenix leave it. Take Levy and Yukino instead and then come back for me" Starlight told her, her teeth still shut over Lily's tail so it was kind of muffled. Phoenix sighed and hovered near Yukino and Levy, about to grab them when Starlight's hand changed back to normal and she fell but managed to grab o to something as Phoenix grabbedYukino and Levy.

Phoenix flew back up with Levy and Yukino but before she could go back down to get Starlight and the others, the rock they were now holding onto cracked and they fell. Phoenix went to go down but was sent flying back into Gajeel.

"Phoenix. Why didn't you go down there?" I asked, looking at her. "Something blocked me from getting down" Phoenix replied. "We'll come back for them later. Whatever stopped Phoenix from getting down there will probably be gone by then" Levy explained. We all nodded and headed to the town on foot.