Ch53:

Rogue's pov

I stumbled along the pathway back to the house. I was completely exhausted and a lot of the muscles in my body hurt. I was practically falling asleep where I walked.

I got up to the door and tried the handle. Locked. I didn't have the energy to go under the door through Shadows so instead I pressed the doorbell once.

I waited for a while, leaning against the door. The door opened suddenly and I almost fell onto the floor. "Rogue?" someone asked. I looked to see Phoenix. "Evening" I mumbled.

"It's the middle of the night" Phoenix corrected me. "Right" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes sleepily. "You look exhausted" She pointed out.

"I am. I feel like falling asleep right now" I yawned, showing off my sharp canines. "Come in. You should go sleep" she told me.

"Is-" "Upstairs in bed. She slept right through the doorbell which is a good thing" she replied, walking up the stairs.

I followed, stumbling a couple times because of my tiredness. Once I got upstairs, I opened the door to my shared room quietly and entered the room.

I placed my bag down as to not wake Starlight up and removed my shoes and Cape. I didn't have the energy to change out of my clothes so I just laid down on the bed.

I picked up a familiar scent and purred. I looked to my side and saw the familiar mane of black hair. I rolled onto my side and wrapped my arms around her, burying my head into her hair, falling asleep

***

I was woken up to being pushed off the bed and onto the floor. "Ow" I grumbled, pushing myself up while rubbing my lower back.

"Who are you and what we're you...... Rogue?" Starlight asked. I looked up. "Thanks for the warm welcome... Ugh" I grumbled.

"Your alive. I thought you died" Starlight explained, trying not to cry. I got onto to the bed. "Don't cry. It's alright. I'm alright" I assured her.

She pulled me into a hug and buried her face into my neck. "How are you doing?" I asked. "I've been better" she replied.

"And how's the baby?" I asked. "Their growing..... That's all I know" she replied. "Weren't you supposed to get a ultra-scan to find out?" I asked.

"Yes but I didn't want to go without you. Even though I thought you were dead, I still hoped that you weren't" she admitted.

"Well we can go together now" I advised her, placing a kiss on the side of her head, taking in her scent. "I missed you so much" she mumbled.

"I missed you too" I replied.