Ch13: Memories; Starlight Of Phantom Lord

There has been another time skip of a week or two also ***  is what I'm using for a time skip now

Rogue's pov.

Starlight sat in the guild hall, waiting for Gajeel to pick a request. "Got a good paying one" Gajeel spoke as he reached the blackette. "How much?" Starlight asked, looking up at him 20 million jewel" Gajeel replied before adding "If we get this then we can afford that house we saw" Gajeel spoke, ruffling Starlight's hair which was just a little below her shoulders.

Starlight grinned at him before the two headed out of the guild hall and towards they're destination. "So what do we have to do" Starlight asked. "Just knock the teeth in of a dark guild" Gajeel replied with a grin. "Alright, I've been looking for a good time to get stronger" she cheered as the two got on the train.

***

Starlight and Gajeel were walking through the forest and towards the guild hall before being surrounded by the said guild. Both looked at each other before Gajeel went forward and attacked one of them. Starlight went for one that had black hair and blue eyes, going for an attack but tripped on a tree root, falling into the guy she had been aiming at and both of them tumbled down into a ditch.

The black haired male who didn't look that much older than Starlight, probably around the age of 8 or 9 stood up, sword in hand. Starlight looked up and also stood up. "I'm not letting you leave this forest alive" the boy told her, pointing his sword at her.

I saw Starlight standing there. "Why isn't she moving" I asked, watching as the boy ran forward, sword ready to get her. Starlight dodged the attack causing mud to fly up and hit them both. He looked at Starlight and gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"I'll kill you and prove to my father that I'm strong" he growled, going for Starlight who dodged the attack once again. When the boy went for her a third time, she used her magic to turn her arm into a sword and block the attack. "Stop blocking my attacks" he growled, skidding back.

Starlight then went for an attack and sliced his arm, causing blood to splash out and a couple of specks landed on her face. The boy stepped back, clutching his shoulder, blood dripping down from it before attacking Starlight, dragging his sword across her stomach.

She stepped back, gritting her teeth in pain, her shirt ripped showing a large gash on her stomach in amongst the other scars as blood dripped heavily from the wound. The boy looked at what he did with sorrow in his eyes before they became cold again. "That's just the start" he growled, pointing his sword at Starlight before running forward.

Starlight brought up her sword hand in an attempt to block but the boy moved in an attempt to dodge at such a fast rate that he ended up with the sword through his chest and stomach, blood flying everywhere. Both they're eyes widened as Starlight turned her hand back to normal, blood staining it.

Once she did that, the boy fell to the ground, mud staining his clothes and blood forming from the wound. Starlight stood there in horror, blood splashed all over her face, arm and front. She was shaking and her eyes were wide. "I almost killed someone but Starlight actually did" I spoke in shock as I saw tears building up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kill you" she whispered, her voice cracking as it started to change from the high pitched voice to her current voice. She walked forward, her feet covered in mud. She bent down in front of him and pushed him over onto his back.

The boy's eyes were wide in fear but clouded and lifeless. Starlight shut his eyes and stood up. I noticed her reflection in the sword as the right eye was starting to turn to an ice blue colour and you could see a section of the reflections hair turn snow white. The reflection smirked as Starlight turned around and walked along the ditch, looking for a way out.

"That must be it. Reflection grows stronger on negative things like regret, fear and anger" I spoke in realization. Starlight continued to walk along the ditch but tripped on another tree root, falling into the mud as it covered up the blood. She got up and grabbed onto the tree, using it to climb the muddy sides.

She got out and noticed that Gajeel had beat all the other guild members but they were still alive. The leader looked at her and scowled. "So my son failed to beat someone his age. Pathetic. He must have ran away in fear" the guild master scowleded before Gajeel hit him to get him to shut up.

I could tell Starlight didn't have the heart to tell him about what really happened and I didn't blame her. If I had killed someone and no one saw, I would keep it to myself as well. Gajeel then went to Starlight and grinned at her, placing a hand on her shoulder, getting mud on it.

Starlight forced a smile before looking down at her feet as the magic council came to collect the other guild members. The two headed into town and collected they're money before heading off somewhere.

"Hey what's wrong. You've been awfully quiet" Gajeel asked, raising an eyebrow as Starlight looked up and quickly replied. "Yeah. Just thinking" she replied before looking at her feet. "Well don't worry, once we get to the place that we can buy that house we saw, you can wash up" Gajeel told her, rubbing a hand on her hair.

***

Starlight walked up the stairs of the 2 floored house. She walked into one of the bedrooms and into the bathroom, turning on the tap to fill the bathtub in the adjoining bathroom. The water was filling up the bath as she took off the clothes and dumped them on the floor.

Starlight climbed into the bath and dipped right down into the water just so that her head was above the water, gritting her teeth most likely from the gash on her stomach. The water started to turn brown but blood was seen from the water. "Why did I have to kill him. I didn't want to be a murderer" she whispered, tears dripping into the water.

She got out of the bath and grabbed one of the towels that they had bought from the market. She dried herself off and got into a new pair of grey PJ's and got into bed.