// 8. Somewhat Gray //

Tyler got his black bike from the garage and headed out.

There was a faint, chilly breeze in the air as he rode down the street. Thankfully, he had paid a little attention on the drive, so he knew which way to go to get to the more shopping-oriented parts of town.

It didn't rain, which was probably good, seeing as he hadn't brought his raincoat. In fact, Tyler only wore a plain pale gray hoodie with dark sleeves to warm him. That was a bit of an odd sight to see in November, but Tyler had never been one to get cold easily.

Tyler rode his bike past lots of houses similar to his. Not all of them were quite as nice, or as large, but they were almost all shades of brown.

If Tyler ever got his own house someday, he would paint it blue. All colors were okay, in his opinion, but blue was a certain favorite. Depending on the shade, it could mean almost anything.

Briefly, he recalled the teenagers he'd seen at the pizza restaurant last night--the one with blue hair, in particular. It was certainly an interesting color choice.

Tyler was feeling sort of odd, a mix of pale blue, pale gray, and lavender. For Tyler, the color gray was emptiness--not necessarily a bad emptiness, just a lack of emotion. Blue meant sadness, which was something he felt due to the move. And lavender was a feeling of worry and anxiety, which he felt due to being in a new neighborhood that he didn't know.

There were a few colors Tyler got the occasional feel of--yellow, orange, blue, and lavender. Any other bright color was rare.

In fact, most days, Tyler felt something somewhat gray.

He wondered if that would ever change.