// 53. You Made It Better //

School went as well as school ever does. On the way to lunch--which, that day, was Burger King--Tyler and Josh kept stealing shared glances with one another, and bright smiles. They sat next to each other once they got to Burger King, and after Tyler finished his meal, he leaned against Josh's shoulder. Brendon had raised a brow at the sign of affection, but didn't bring up their relationship again.

Josh hadn't asked Tyler to be his boyfriend, nor had Tyler asked Josh. They didn't need to.

After school had ended, they began to walk home together, and once they got a block or so away from the school grounds, they held hands again.

"Have you told him?" Tyler asked after a moment.

"Who, Brendon?" When Tyler nodded, Josh shrugged. "No, but he's going to figure it out sooner or later on his own. Does that bother you?" he added, taking on a more concerned tone.

Tyler lightly kicked at a pebble ahead of him on the sidewalk. "I guess not. I just...I thought I was straight, you know?"

Thinking about it now, Tyler probably should have known there was something a little different about him. He'd always thought girls were pretty, sure, but he'd never had feelings for a girl the way he had feelings for Josh. It was different.

There had been one girl, Jenna Black, who he'd thought he'd had a crush on back in sixth grade. Back then, though, all the boys had been scrambling to get a girlfriend, and he had been a little hard-pressed to at least have feelings for someone. Reflecting on it now, he was pretty sure he hadn't looked twice at Jenna until someone had asked him if he liked anyone.

Long story short, he didn't know if he was bisexual, or gay, or what. But he knew he liked Josh.

"I'm sorry if I messed everything up for you," Josh said, after giving Tyler a moment to think.

Tyler only smiled at him. "You didn't mess it up."

Josh squeezed Tyler's hand, smiling back. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Tyler squeezed Josh's hand back. "You made it better."