// 23. It Was At This Moment //

Brendon and Pete led the way out of the school and down the street, with Gerard and Frank behind them. Tyler and Josh walked together in the back.

"Feeling better?" Josh asked Tyler.

Tyler nodded, and gave Josh a hint of a smile, so that the blue-haired boy would know that he was being honest.

"Okay. Good."

They walked in quiet down the street. Well, not exactly quiet--Brendon and Pete were rather loud, talking and laughing and joking around. The sounds of traffic and city life bustled around Tyler, as well.

Glancing up, he saw, almost startlingly, that Frank and Gerard were holding hands. Despite the cold weather, neither of them wore gloves, one hand in each respective jacket pocket, and the other grasping onto the other's hand.

Tyler tilted his head to one side a bit, thinking for a second, and lightly touched Josh's shoulder to get his attention. He motioned to Gerard and Frank, then whispered. "Are they..."

"Hmm?" Josh looked up from his phone, which he'd been scrolling through as he walked. "Oh, yeah. Been together for...probably about six months now?"

"Oh."

It was at this moment that Tyler realized he'd accidentally chosen to join a group where at least three of the members were somewhat gay. There certainly wasn't anything wrong with that--he figured what people did with their personal lives was all up to them--but he was kind of surprised. "That's cool."

"Yeah." Josh gave Tyler the lopsided grin he'd slowly grown to enjoy seeing.

When the boys arrived at McDonald's, Tyler was relieved that he didn't have to pay for Brendon's food this time; he had no idea how his parents managed to afford feeding him, considering his appetite.

Again, Tyler ordered a salad, because he wasn't particularly fond of cheeseburgers. Josh seemed to notice this. "We're eating at Taco Bell next time," he announced as he sat at the table with his meal.

Tyler grinned at Josh. "Agreed."