// Epilogue //

The summer sun bore down on the backyard, sweeping over the grill full of hamburgers and the wet grass. A group of people were gathered in this backyard, talking and laughing and interacting with one another.

Two generations of Dun women talked excitedly with Tyler's mother--whose baby bump was just starting to show--about the new upcoming member of the Joseph family. By the grill, Josh's grandfather and Tyler's father talked about basketball and shared grilling recipes. Playing together in the grass were Zack, Jay, and Jordan, while Abigail, Madison, and Ashley painted each others' nails on the deck and gossipped.

And of course, sitting by the swimming pool, legs dangling in the cool water, were Tyler and Josh.

In the past few months, they had both graduated from high school, and their relationship had blossomed. Tyler's parents were finally putting in an effort to understand and accept Tyler for who he was, and Josh was free to come over whenever Tyler invited him. It was slow going, but still. It was certainly a start.

"Earth to Tyler," Josh said, waving his hand over the boy's face, making him jump. "You awake in there?"

"Sorry, I was distracted," Tyler admitted sheepishly.

"By what?" Josh asked, tilting his head slightly. It was immensely cute.

"Gosh, I don't know." Tyler nudged his lover's arm lightly, blushing a bit at the contact. "You're only sitting next to me completely shirtless."

Josh laughed and grasped Tyler's hand. "Come on, doe eyes. I'm sure a jump in the pool will bring you back."

The two boys stepped onto the diving board, grinning as they held hands and prepared to do it. It was summer, and Tyler was with Josh, and everything was perfect.

"Ready?"

Tyler giggled. "Always."

Stepping back a bit, the lovers made a running leap, jumping out into the clear water. Just as they went under, Tyler opened his eyes to see two things. One of these things, of course, was Josh; the boy he loved. The other thing he saw, lighting up his vision, was every color the world had to offer.

THE END

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING, THIS BOOK HAS BEEN A ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTION AND I ENJOYED IT, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED, STAY TUNED FOR MORE CONTENT