// 22. When Tyler's Eyes Met Josh's //

Sitting there in homeroom, with Josh in the desk next to his, Tyler felt relieved. The storm in his head had broken, just like the storm outside, and everything was right again.

Maybe even a little better than 'right'. Tyler kept stealing glances at Josh, telling himself he was studying his dark blue hair. The faint feeling he'd been getting flickers of since yesterday came back, just here and there, and only for a few seconds at a time. He still didn't have a color or a name for it, but it was definitely something new to him. He wished it would stick around long enough for him to identify it.

The rest of Tyler's morning classes passed smoothly. Nothing much exciting happened, but Tyler found himself almost missing Josh in the desk next to him.

Once it was time for lunch, Tyler wasn't entirely sure what to do. He stood in the cafeteria, similarly to yesterday, debating where to eat.

Somebody shoved Tyler's shoulder, and he stumbled slightly. "Hey, Tyler, you eating lunch with us today?"

He turned to see Brendon, who was probably the one who shoved him, with Pete, Gerard, and Josh not far behind him. When Tyler's eyes met Josh's, he saw concern in them. Was it possible that he was actually worried about him?

Tyler didn't know Josh well, nor the others. It had always been his rule to avoid making friends, and getting attached. But something told him that he should give them a chance.

"Well, you coming or not?" Brendon asked, shoving Tyler's shoulder again, a bit lighter than before. The boy realized he was being friendly.

"Yeah, I'm coming." Tyler let Brendon and the others lead him out of the cafeteria, and out of the school gates.