// 63. Relief And Pride //

WARNING: SWEARING

"Is that what I think it is?"

Tyler glanced up from the ground to look at Brendon. It was morning, before school, and he was with the rest of the clique in their usual spot outside. Brendon, Pete, and Josh were leaning against the side of the school, while Frank, Gerard, and Tyler sat on the ground. Tyler had been absent-mindedly picking at the grass under his hands. He was tired; he'd stayed up late last night, planning out his perfect painting.

He had no clue what Brendon was talking about. He blinked. "What?"

Brendon leaned closer to Tyler, confusing him. Then he leaned back and laughed. "Should've put some makeup on that hickey, Ty."

Tyler's cheeks flushed with hot pink embarrassment, and he pulled up the collar of his jacket as Pete and Frank jeered at him teasingly. Josh had given him the mark that morning, just outside Tyler's house. It was his first.

"So, who's the lucky girl?" Brendon asked.

Tyler didn't think his cheeks could get any more red, but he was wrong. He pulled up his collar higher; truly, he didn't know what to say.

He looked up at Josh, who was standing next to Brendon, just staring at Tyler. Josh was already out to the clique, Tyler knew--he himself was the one keeping their secret. He was the one preventing them from being themselves around their friends. And he wanted to be himself. Maybe he couldn't at home, but here...well, they were going to find out eventually. 

"It's Josh," Tyler blurted out.

Brendon's eyes went wide. "Seriously?"

Blushing madly, Tyler nodded his head.

"I fucking called it!" Brendon cheered, both fists in the air. "You guys saw that? I was right!"

"Yeah, yeah." Pete grumbled, and handed Brendon a five dollar bill. "You don't have to rub it in my face, Urie."

"The only thing I'll be rubbing in my face," Brendon countered, "is my winnings."

There was a look on Josh's face that Tyler adored the moment he saw it, a mixture of relief and pride. He leaned over and kissed the top of his boyfriend's head. "Been wanting to do that for almost twenty minutes," he said, making Tyler smile.

"Holy shit, I totally ship you guys," Brendon said excitedly.

Tyler gave him a confused look. Josh just rolled his eyes.

"No, but seriously." Brendon clapped Josh on the back, and grinned at Tyler. "I'm happy for you guys." The rest of the clique nodded and smiled, adding their approval.

A smile spread across Tyler's face at the acceptance his friends gave him. He should've done this ages ago.