// 71. A Million Volts //

A/N: This chapter could possibly be considered smut??? I don't really go into details or anything, just enough so you get the gist
(I normally wouldn't have written it but it was important to the plot)
I put this chapter on private anyway, so

From being with Josh, Tyler knew of two basic types of kisses. There was the soft, sweet ones that made your heart flutter, and there was the warm, deep kisses that felt like honey in your veins. This kiss was certainly the latter type, but, well, there was something different about it. Maybe it was something in the way Josh's skin was just lightly sticky with sweat, or how he hummed a bit as he kissed Tyler, or how he kicked the front door closed so they wouldn't have to be separated for even a moment.

Whatever it was, something in it gave Tyler just a tiny spark of confidence. He clutched the front of Josh's shirt, still kissing him, and tugged him in the direction of the couch. Josh seemed to get the hint, and they messily half-walked, half-stumbled over. Tyler fell back on the couch, and Josh was only too happy to land on top of him.

They had kissed like this a few times before, at Josh's house, so Tyler mostly knew how it went. It didn't take long before Josh's hands were roaming under the other boy's sweater. Tyler liked Josh's hands; they were warm, and just slightly rough. He liked how eager yet gentle he was, too. Josh was a blind man, and Tyler was the world; Josh would learn all that he could, and explore that world, by touch.

Tyler hadn't touched Josh much, and in this moment, he found himself curious. He hooked his thumb under the edge of Josh's shirt, pulling it up slightly.

Josh broke the kiss, and Tyler worried that he had done something wrong, but then he remembered that they both needed to pause to breathe, and he sucked in a few lungfuls of air. He felt Josh smile against the corner of his mouth, and then the other boy pulled his shirt up the rest of the way, letting Tyler's curious hands move over his stomach and chest.

Oh.

Well.

In school, Tyler had overheard girls talk about shirtless male celebrities all the time, and he'd even glanced at the photos on their phones that they showed one another, but he'd never really understood why they liked them so much. Not until now, that is.

Their mouths met again, and Josh shifted slightly, pulling up Tyler's sweater a little more. Their bare stomachs brushed against one another, and immediately, Tyler felt like he'd been shocked by a million volts.

There was no doubt in his mind what the red feeling was anymore, and it was pretty clear that Josh was feeling it, too.

At this point, if Tyler were thinking rationally, he would've broken their kiss, stopped all of this, and at the very least, taken whatever the hell it was they were doing up to his room. But Tyler's bones felt like they were melting, and bone-melting red kind of makes rational thought jump out the window.

And so, when Josh's hands roamed below Tyler's stomach, he didn't ask him to stop; indeed, he managed to unfasten his pants, shaking hands and all. When Josh hummed into Tyler's mouth, Tyler didn't protest; he just whined in response.

All rational thought returned immediately, however, when he heard the front door unlock.

A/N: @ TwentyOnePilots    I am so sorry and ashamed I PROMISE IT WAS IMPORTANT TO THE PLOT AND I SKIRTED AROUND IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND I'LL PROBABLY BE UPSET AT MYSELF FOR THIS FOR 4,000 YEARS