// 50. The Golden Glow //

Tyler and Josh went downstairs, as if nothing had happened, as if they hadn't both been kissing on Josh's bed right after telling Jordan that they weren't together.

It had been pretty innocent, but Tyler could feel that his face was warm, anyway.

"What flavor would you like, Tyler?" Mrs. Dun asked, taking the ice cream out of the freezer. "We have strawberry, cookie dough, and chocolate chip."

Tyler blinked. "Strawberry, please."

After Tyler and Josh got their ice cream, they sat on the end of the couch together and watched as Jordan, Abigail, and Ashley tried to play Mario Kart and eat their ice cream simultaenously. Though they were surrounded by others, Tyler found himself leaning into Josh's shoulder, which was nice and warm.

After a few races, Josh's siblings offered to let Tyler play, which he accepted. There was a Wii in the living room at his house, but Jay was the only one who ever really played it.

It was pretty fun, Tyler found, playing Mario Kart with the Duns. Josh's siblings were competetive, and so it was a challenge for Tyler to race against them. Once they switched over to team mode, Jordan graciously added Tyler as his teammate, which made Tyler almost feel like a part of the family at that point.

After a while, Ashley gave up her remote for Josh, and he and Tyler played on the same team against Abigail and Jordan. Even though Tyler wasn't that great at the video game, from lack of practice, Josh was a Mario Kart king, and so their team won twice.

Eventually, however, Tyler realized that it was getting late, and he had to go home. He thanked Mrs. Dun for having him, and she told him he was welcome any time. Ashley, Abigail, and Jordan all agreed, hinting at a future Mario Kart rematch.

Josh walked him out, and they kissed under the golden glow of the porch light.

A/N: Wow, 50 chapters! I'm proud of myself for getting this far. Thank you for reading!!

Bonus A/N: Have you ever actually tried eating ice cream and playing Mario Kart at the same time? It's not easy.