Chapter 4 Part 1 - The Rabbit Man

Even Addor could tell that the palace before her was magnificent, even without the knowledge of this world. It seemed like a whole other world all on its own. There were two stories with elegant, drooping roofs from each one. The tiles were black but the beams keeping them up were bright red. Gold paint twirled and dipped on top of the white walls, making it look like a modest beauty. Squared stones, all of the same color, covered the ground around the building and stretched on until it finally met with surrounding trees. From the front door and down the front steps was a red carpet covering the stone. She'd never thought that she'd ever see someone walking down a red carpet. It was laughable.

Ma Shu and his men got off their horses while waiting for the guard at the door to get his master. Ma Shu turned to help Addor off his horse when he saw her standing on it. Before he could react she bent and flipped, landing on the other side of him. She stumbled a bit before finally catching ground and pulled at her long skirts, which had made her stumble as she'd landed.

Ma Shu laughed out loud this time, "You sure can do a lot for a little girl who can't remember a thing!"

Addor glanced at him but didn't reply. She'd jumped off like she had because for three reasons. The first was that Ma Shu was in the way and the second was because she didn't know how a horse would handle being pushed off against if she'd jumped over him normally. So instead she let the horse's legs take the force of her jump vertically which seemed like a much simpler choice. The third reason was that the subordinate had stopped his horse too close to the other side and she still wasn't used to the proportions on this body. And she was not about to slip off of the butt of a beast- that just begged trouble.

They didn't wait long before a man came tearing down the steps. He was short and had thick, brown hair. His dark eyes were big and, although he looked young, Addor had a feeling that his age surpassed her own by at least a decade. He reminded Addor of a rabbit with his small, cute appearance. Though his hair wasn't long enough for rabbit ears.

"It's a bunny..."

She didn't notice the weird look the general had on his face as he watched her watching the man.

"Fan Rei!" He yelled, looking straight at Addor, "What funny business did you get into this time?" He came to a stop in front of her, not even bothering to look her up and down before he began accusing her. If the Army was here with his daughter, and they weren't letting her go inside to call him out herself, she must have done something terribly rotten.