Chapter 40 Part 3 - Keep your Head for The Attack

It wasn't long until they'd contactacted everyone they could think of that Fan Rei knew and might have spoken to.

From the prince, Zhu Hong, they found out what class she was in. They also heard from him how many of the students had not returned. He told them it it was easier to count the ones that had returned. Zhu Hong told them that apparently Ma Shu had also come asking about his daughter, Ma Guiying, who liked to stick around the prince.

The men all left to see what Ma Shu's plans were for getting his daughter back. None of them planned to sit around and do nothing. Ma Shu also had similar thoughts, but he also had soldiers under his command. The Fan house's soldiers were stationed three days out, whereas Ma Shu's command had returned from the castle last week.

He'd already taken several dozen guards to get ready and begin tearing through the forest on Da Yeshou mountain. He was prepared to start burning things if nothing came of it. Zhu Hong calmed the general and they planned to head out in two days, after they'd gotten enough people gathered and had made a plan.

By this time, a month had passed since the students had chosen their spirit beasts. It was hard on all of them, each and every one wanted to torture the information out of the school, wanted to slap silly the teachers who allowed this to continue so long, and wished to pull the teacher that had 'pulled Fan Rei in with pretty words' limb from limb.

But Chow Su's sense/logic and Zhu Hong's commands barely kept the powerful men at bay. Mostly Ma Shu.