Chapter 7 Part 1 - Grandfather Snake

All this time she hadn't seen the effect the doctor had been waiting for so when she was sure that the last of the spirit power was on it's way out, she opened her eyes to hurry and try and see it if there really was a fire above her hand like she was imagining or not. Though she'd just gone through the whole ordeal and even felt the proof in pain; she still wanted to see magic with her own two eyes.

She opened her eyes and lifted her hand up to see. It was exactly as she'd imagined it. Red with a tinge of orange, only about two inches tall. The fire didn't touch her palm as if the bubble still existed and it was coagulating outside and above it.

Addor had seen it and made it and played with it and moved it inside, but even after seeing it it was hard for her to come to terms with it.

"Xiao Rei!" Fan Chen jumped up and immediately embraced her. He pulled away and looked her up and down, "Are you alright? Can you move your arm? Does it still hurt? Can you feel it?" He tugged up her sleeve up to check the coloring on her arm. When he saw it'd returned to normal he was slightly relieved but that wasn't enough to ease his mind. "Can you move it? Move each of your fingers one by one. No, don't! You should rest first and wait until tomorrow..."

Addor had accepted by now that this was who he was and turned to the other man in the room. He was large, probably at least twice the size of Fan Chen in both height and weight. His face was serious and hard; A combination Addor was familiar with. One thing that her eye was drawn to was his pronounced jaw bone. It was beautiful like she'd seen from that FBI agent in that skeleton and scientist show.

She watched him for a moment more, each of them staring at each other. There was something that she thought of when she saw him... Addor narrowed her eyes, "I... Don't like snakes." Addor paused and thought back on a warning she'd been given once 'Colorful things in nature are always more dangerous, they lure you in... than kill.' is what Boss had told her. "Especially... Colorful ones."

It was just a simple phrase, one that didn't really mean anything. But to Fan Ling, it meant a lot. Just from a single phrase, he knew this child wasn't his granddaughter he also knew that this girl, whoever she was, was a force to be reckoned with.