Chapter 17 Part 1 - Compromise

A brief second later the boy was on the ground, holding his stomach. His red wolf was crouching behind him, growling at her.

Abel gasped, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? His poor tummy!" Abel lowered himself to his level and began mumbling comforting words to him. "Shh... Shh, It's going to be alright... That big meanie-"

Addor stared coldly down at him, one arm still holding her pup, "Don't tou-"

"She means...!" Chow Su interrupted and gently pushed her behind him, "That... um... it was a reflex! She was just surprised! You'd be amazed at how many times I've been beaten by her myself!" Chow Su laughed awkwardly. "Just the other day she gave me a bloody nose and good sized goose egg on the back of my head..." He gingerly touched the back of his head and hissed lightly.

"Ya! There, see? She didn't mean it! She's just... a stupid little kid who doesn't know any better! You'll forgive her, won't you?" Abel added, trying to stroke his head.

Abel was trying to make nice for a reason Addor couldn't understand. She narrowed her eyes at him before remembering the title the teacher had called him by. He was probably someone they couldn't afford to offend.

The girl in the room gasped and ran to his side, "What have you done, you brute?"

Fan Ling was helping him up, "Your highness, are you alright? Please forgive my granddaughter, she hasn't been feeling well since her accident and has been a little jumpy."

The grunted as he stood, "More than a little..." He glanced up at Addor, who was standing calmly behind Chow Su. His light brown eyes softened, "I'll take anything you throw at me..." He smiled. It was a look that could melt hearts all across the kingdom. He shook off Fan Ling and stepped passed Chow Su. He looked down at Addor with a gentle smile, nothing like the expressions he'd shown before, "Just as long as..." He lifted his hand and caressed her cheek, "You let me stay by your side." His eyes were filled with emotion. There was something soft in them, something that hadn't ever filled his expression before in his entire life before.

Chow Su noticed the hesitation in Addor's eyes. She seemed to be considering his proposal. Chow Su's heart felt broken. It made sense for her to fall for his majesty. Even if she'd lost her memories she had always been attracted to pretty things. On top of that, this guy outranked Chow Su a million to one. After all, he was... a prince.