Chapter 35 Part 2 - Different Fates

Addor had finally made her way to the library. She'd heard about this place from the group before she left. They'd also given her and Ma Guiying an overview of how the school worked.

It didn't seem that there were actual classes here. Not like in her world. Instead, there were lectures every now and then. After hearing about the group that the library is the most likely place she might find what she was looking for she hurriedly said good-bye and made her way over, not caring that night had already fallen.

The building wasn't as large as Addor had been hoping it to be. In her mind, the larger it was the more diverse the contents but as small as it was would it really hold any books about souls, spirits, or even travel from another world? Addor doubted it but she didn't think that the task she was trying to accomplish was an easy one to start out with. Knowing this, she was willing to chase every lead- no matter how small the possibility was of actually finding anything.

For Addor, it was only natural to find a way to let Fan Rei live once again. After all, it was in her book of codes that what is given must be returned two-fold. Addor wasn't about to take Fan Rei's life from her. It was thanks to Fan Rei that Addor could live again at all. Considering this it was impossible not to be able to at least return her life to her. If possible she would also help Fan Rei temper her body while she was in it. She might as well, seeing at strength was everything in this world. If Addor could give Fan Rei's life and body back to her, on top of a little extra on the side- than she would consider that she'd done the bare minimum to give back to Fan Rei after having been given this chance.

This, of course, wasn't the thinking of the rest of this world. Those who gain are lucky. Fated, even. Those who loose are fated in a whole different kind of way.

This was Fan Rei's thinking as well. She had lost, therefore she had no choice but to give it up. She had already decided to. She didn't dare dream that Addor might actually want to give up the body and live she'd been given. In her mind it was akin to giving away a piece of gold you'd happened upon while wandering; It simply didn't happen.