Chapter 29 Part 4 - Figuring It Out

It should have been obvious. He was, after all, a spirit. But knowing that he was looking at a life that should be his own he found that it was hard to come to terms with it. Wait... Addor knew that she was stealing my- no, not stealing, it wasn't her who did it, after all.

The more the thought the more questions he had. Sure, it cleared up why he was jealous of Addor, but it brought up more questions. Why didn't he know that his body had been stolen? How come he didn't know? What about all those things that he did know? How did he know all those things that he told her when she first woke up in his body? Where did he get that information from? He couldn't recall. Did Addor know about this the whole time? If not, then how did she figure it out? When did she figure it out? Why didn't she say anything until now? Was she hiding it from him?

Rather, he wasn't a 'he', was he?

"A spirit. Seems someone messed with her head, she couldn't remember."

Laoshi looked behind him at whatever Addor was currently staring at. He didn't see anything. Addor was watching Able holding his head. He seemed to be in emotional turmoil. It seemed she was right all along, he didn't know who he was.

She'd considered it ever since the first time they'd met. He'd said that Fan Rei's memories couldn't be 'moved' in such a short amount of time. Addor had wondered about his worlds than, wondering if they didn't have the time to give them to her than why give them to him? It didn't make sense.

Then they met Chow Su. Apart from knowing things that only Chow Su and Fan Rei should have known, Able also had known what Fan Rei had felt and thought at the time. And how he got mad when he saw Chow Su with one of his concubines. There was also his obsession with the beautiful prince. For Addor, these facts made it irrefutable. In fact, she wondered how he himself hadn't figured it out yet.