Chapter 36 Part 1 - Hard and Transparent

The next day Addor returned with preparation in hand. She knew now briefly what she needed to do. It certainly suited her tastes. This way, she didn't need to read. Nor did she need to learn how to read. All she had to do was scavenge around the mountain to find the herbs she needed and than used her rudimentary cooking skills and eat! If there were three things Addor could do they would be one, listening and following Boss's every word to the t, fight, and the last one would be to eat! Addor had been known for refusing very little in her past life when it came to edibles. Or barely edibles, in some cases.

But one problem remained. She didn't know what herbs to get. Thus she'd asked about anything they might have that she could use in place of a paper and pen. She found that they had black transparent sheets of paper-like material. It didn't bend, but was thinner and hardier than paper and didn't decay in anyway.

She was supposed to use it by rubbing a small sphere over it. When she did this the two materials reacted with each other and the originally transparent paper became solid. After receiving a stack of papers and a two centimeter wide sphere Addor quickly found a stick to shove the sphere into. Looking at her hand-made crude pen, she felt delighted and had quickly set off to the library.

The only problem was that she needed to put it against something light colored to see what she'd written. Addor glanced at the light pink robe of Fan Rei's and decided that she had everything she needed. It would work; It was light enough.