Chapter 38 Part 2 - Chummy with a Dick

"School..." She looked at Fan Rei, "...is fun."

Fan Rei stopped mid-cry. "Oh?" A smirk crept onto her face and she caught up with Addor who had continued walking, "You know, you've been pretty chummy with that Huan guy, haven't you? Could it be that he's your type?"

"Dicks... like him..."

"What? What about him? Though I think the way you called him is a little..."

"aren't bad..."

"Oh? Than..."

"...After they release. After that 's just a lame dick with no moves." She replied with a response she'd heard her brothers in the gang use before about players like him. She was trying to say that once he calms down and gives up on flirting than he would someone she could get along with but... Well, she isn't very good at expressing herself.

"Sometimes I can understand what you are saying... I mean, I can pick up on the meaning. But other times it's just... Have you always talked like that?"

Addor nodded. "Around me... Always... like that."

Fan Rei became quiet. "You..." She stared solemnly after a long silence, "Didn't grow up in a very good place did you?"

Addor shook her head. "Lots... killing... I... killed."

Fan Rei shivered. She didn't say another word for a long time after that.

A couple hours later Addor came to a stop. She stood by a tree and looked out into the distant forest.

Fan Rei looked as well but didn't see anything other than trees, "What are you looking at?"

Addor lifted her hand and pointed, "Herbs. You find."

Fan Rei's eyes lit up, "The time's finally come, huh? Okay! Let's go!" She pumped her first and headed out ahead of Addor in the direction she was pointing.