Chapter 23 Part 2 - Talk of the Room

"Laoshi," Addor tapped her foot, "No."

"This is her?" A large man came up behind Laoshi, he seemed to be the one who was playing a board game with Laoshi when Addor entered. He was almost as large as Laishi. Except he had more hair. Especially on his chest. "Your favorite?" He looked her up and down than turned away, uninterested, and went back to his seat.

It seemed the others in the room were thinking something similar.

"She's a little young for you, don't you think?" One woman added.

The room laughed.

"At least with a little naive girl she might go along with his god-complex!"

"Psht, you got that right."

"How'd she get past the guards?" A more insightful one brought up.

"Is her arms hurt?"

"You're right, looks like she's just been in a fight."

"You don't think..."

"A little thing like her getting past the guards and NOT dying?" The woman who first spoke rolled her eyes, "What part of 'don't let anyone through' did they not understand."

"We've talked about this, only intruders will be stopped."

"And she isn't?"

"She's a student."

"Enough." A strong, deep voice shushed the room. An older man stood up, puffing on his pipe as he came forward to assess the small girl. "What have you come here for? If it's getting out early you can forget it, everyone goes through it." He looked at her and watched her face as he said this. After confirming that that was exactly what she was after he waved her off and turned back to his table.

"First for everything."

He turned back, "Not here. Not anymore." He glared down at her. He didn't like her attitude.

"Exception."

He turned back and looked her up and down once more. "Turn around, girl."

Addor didn't move. She didn't see any weapons on him but this was a world of magic, who knows what he would do to her. Maybe instead of stabbing her in the back he would ignite her or summon a demon to take her out.

"TURN!"

His voice was slow, yet forceful. Addor found herself turning around to stare at the empty hall. She wasn't sure if it was of her own volition or not.

When her back was revealed a few people in the room, including Laoshi, gasped.