Chapter 37 Part 4 - 'Bout Ethereal beings

He looked down at the next card to read the name as he finished what he'd been required to say. 

"Ad-"

"What..." Addor interrupted him, "'bout ethereal beings?"

He looked down at her, "What? Ether... what now?" He sighed. His expression looked like he wanted to run away.

"Spirits. Need this?" She held up Fan Rei's card she held.

"Oh... Uh... I don't know. Why? You aren't a spirit, are you?" He looked her up and down, pausing briefly on her young, forming chest.

"Fan Rei is spirit." She wiggled the stine in her hand again. "Me is Addor."

"Oh, uh... So where's Fan Rei?"

Addor pointed over by the students gathered in a circle.

He saw only students he knew so the spirit Fan Rei must be unseen to him; was the conclusion he quickly came to. Of course, there was always the possibility that this was all an excuse. He sighed heavily and took Fan Rei's card back, replacing it with addor's, the next one in his hand. "I'll tell the gate keep to keep an eye out for you two." He exhaled again, "Just means more work on my end, no big deal." Even though his face looked as if it'd aged several years, thus contradicting his words. "And the last one goes to Gustir." He handed one of the two card in his hand to a boy.

"Okay! Move!" As the 'intermediate'--as he called himself--was surrounded by a circle of sitting students he yelled and they quickly got up and parted for a path towards the wall. He walked up to the wall and than did the most peculiar thing. Something so crazy that Fan Rei would never let Addor live down what she did in response.