Chapter 21 Part 2 - Beauty to Commoner

In Addor's arms was a puppy covered in blood. She didn't seem to notice it, even as it stood out against his light-colored fur. She simply continued petting it. Addor's hands rummaged all over the young pup, not caring much about weather it was the belly and head she was petting or not. The dog wasn't loving the feeling of being molested, even if he didn't know what it was yet, but knew that it was how it's mother showed her affection and therefore didn't do anything against her.

"The classrooms are just up ahead." Laoshi took charge of the starring students and began walking towards the center of the town.

The girls mindlessly followed. Their attention was on the strange sights around them. IN here, women wore pants and had short hair. It didn't even look like the reveal of one's spirit animal was banned. Ma Guiying saw all sorts of animals walking around. Most of them were common in the region and ones she knew, but there were a few that even she couldn't recognise. This of course made her think again about how large and secretive the world was. It was amazing.

The ground here wasn't even made of dirt. It was entirely paved by a dark grey and brown stone. Only it was flat, as if it had been cut with a single swing of a god's sword. Was this a place for the gods after all?

The people around her were all beautiful. It was as if her own defined beauty was only connon here. When she walked by and heard snippets of conversation she realized that she had no idea what their conversations were about. It was as if it was another language! This really must be another world!

Why aas Ma Guiying here? Was there really classes taking part in this?

Now she understood why his students had all gone missing. If they could live in a godly place like this, why would they leave? Seeing this, she understood why all those people had gone missing and she was unable to hold it against them because she wanted to do the same.

Even so, there was a bitter taste in her mouth and a hurt in her heart.