Chapter 8 Part 2 - Magical Bath

"They chose to put you here so I think you should make good use of their mercy and become a great person!" He looked off into the distance, "You must have a great contractual spirit! Like a rare fighter or poisoner or something!" His eyes began to sparkle.

"Contract spirit?"

"Here, here..." He waved to the servant girl waiting for Addor in the doorway, who was looking at her strangely. "Take a bath. I'll tell you all about it! Okay, so, when you turn 15 you sign a contract for a spirit. You can either accept your spirit animal or choose another one of your choices. Rarely, they won't accept you and you might get rebounds but being able to choose your firepower is definitely the way to go and since your family is rich getting a good one shouldn't be too much of a problem."

Addor found that he was going to continue chatting and accepted his advice to clean up while he blabbed. She walked into the other room to find a clay tub built into the floor. It was mostly filled with water, even though Addor hadn't seen the girl take very many trips to fill it up. As she entered the room the girl walked around to the edge of the tub and put her hands on the edge. As she did so, the water inside began to steam. Addor touched it to find that it was warm, but a little on the hotter side.

She pushed off her robes, no longer caring about the ties. She thanked her new small hips for being able to do so so easily. As she entered the tub red began to color the water and her hair, which had been under her, began to float to the top as the blood rehydrated.

Addor found out quickly that the servant girl was clearing the water as the bath continued. She would dip her fingertips in and the cloudy water would all rush to them. She would them pull them out and, as if she'd just dipped her hand in food dye, they came out and she shook it off onto the floor behind the tub. She supposed she shouldn't be surprised. It seems like this world is filled with ways to use magic.

Meanwhile, the boy was still talking nonstop beside her. He'd entered the room behind her but didn't even seem to glance once at her smooth, white skin. While on the other hand, Addor couldn't stop looking at it.

She kept remembering where all her scars were and musing over the fact that her skin was unmarked. Not only that but she was so thin! Her hip bones were clearly visible. Even in her past life, with such little food, it was hard for her to get this thin. Was this girl being starved or something?