Chapter 41 Part 1 - Proof of Wounds

"If my pup came to you it's proof enough." She pet the growling spirit beast in her arms lovingly. "I told him to find the culprit behind the incident on the road. You tried to kill Fan Rei, why?"

Fan Ling's brows furrowed in worry, "What did that man teach you? Did he hurt you to get you to say such a thing? Rei 'Er, what happened to you in the Beast Mountains?"

Fan Chen came back to himself from hearing that, "Is that true, were you torchered? Fan Rei?" He waved his hands around her, circling her, not daring to touch her. He hovered around her ankle and leg, than her arm. All of them looked like they'd been through a traumatic experience recently. Even with proper healing magic there were some things that may never go away.

Addor calmly stared him down. Telling the truth would sound like a cover up in this case. What proof did she have that it wasn't ill-intended. She closed her eyes a moment, thinking.

"Addor, Addor!" Amongst the distressed whispers for their miss came a loud, clear voice. "What are you waiting for? Explain that it was the guards inside the hiding city in the mountain! Laoshi will back you up! Come on, tell them!"

With Fan Rei's voice Fan Rei suddenly turned and walked back out the gates. At such an unexpected turn of events nobody moved to stop her. Even Fan Ling paused. She returned a moment later carrying a bag three times her size on her back. Addor plopped the leaf-weaved bag roughly on the ground before her.

"I messed up. I went against school rules and got locked out, even Laoshi can't do shit..." She pointed to the bag, "I've been locked out two weeks. Two weeks I fight beasts to return." She opened the bag to reveal precious herbs messily stuffed in with tuffs, horns, meat, hair, hearts, and other things Addor had deemed of worth. She took at most one thing from each beast, most times she took nothing. Of the hundreds of things amongst what she held there was bound to be something someone recognized. That's what she'd figured what would happen, at least. "These?" She lifted her leg to point to the long scar trailing her thigh, "Battle wounds."