Chapter 5 Part 2 - Magic Powers? No way.

Addor recovered from the light's effect and closed the robe before finally looking at the doctor, who was staring at her. "Doctor?"

"Uh... The uh... A um..." He was lost. He'd never looked that way at a child before. It seems like the rumors were true about her having that charming technique. But why would she use it now, and of all people, why on him? He couldn't help his mind from roaming but quickly shoved those thoughts from his mind. He tried to focus on what was said to him before he entered the room, "Your father said you lost your memory?"

Addor nodded.

"You don't seem to have lost all of it because you can speak to me..." The doctor voiced his thoughts. "You know about things like spirit power and the kingdom, right? Do you remember specific people?"

Thinking of her as a child, all the sweet faces of his younger patients came to mind. Grouping her with them he was able to think more clearly and focus on the task at hand.

"Spirit power?" Addor touched her stomach.

"You don't remember that?"

Addor nodded.

"I see. Here, hold out your hand."

He took her hand put it on his, her palm facing the sky. "From your stomach, imagine an unseen force and seep it through into the paths connected to it. From there, keep pushing it until it comes to your chest and into your arm. Finally, from the center of your palm imagine it pushing out of your body through a large entrance in the center of your palm. Try it."

She raised her eyebrows. Is this man serious? But after watching his expression she couldn't find any hint of attempt at deceiving. Somehow, she felt like she was in some sort of virtual-futuristic game.

Addor closed her eyes. She figured he was talking about Qi paths. Boss had mentioned it before when he was teaching her different kind of martial arts. They hadn't seemed to show her much of a result in the past. After a while, she gave up meditation as it didn't suit her and her results were nonexistent. She sighed, Whatever this is, I'm playing now.