Chapter 26 Part 3 - Pressing Matters

Addor gave her a second before summoning her dog and trying to get up from the table. She waited only to make sure Chen Mei Xiu didn't know she was being followed, but she had to hurry to keep her in her sights. From what Addor could tell from how quickly she's heard her leave the room Chen Mei Xiu was almost as fast as Addor.

"Stay still! You'll open them back up! You've also got a fractured arm and your right leg and left ankle are-"

Addor turned over onto her back, purposely falling onto the floor and out of reach. "...More pressing matters. Dog- track, follow discreetly!" Addor had already started sprinting and, with masterful use of her foot techniques, she passed everyone by in a few steps. She only stumbled at the end, adding another second to her chase. She cursed and quietly began running after her dog, who'd run ahead of her.

"You can't run like that! You'll only give me more wor-" The man's words quickly faded.

Addor was eating up nearly a yard with each step. She was thankful for Fan Rei's long legs at this moment. Though she didn't have the control she had in her past life, especially with her hurting ankle that wasn't listening to her at all. She wondered if she'd be able to stop in time so that she wouldn't be noticed by Chen Mei Xiu, who obviously knew more than she was letting on.

This was her first clue the whole time she's lived here so far. Maybe the person who killed her killed her in order to switch her soul. They could know something about changing a soul to another body. Or maybe she'll just be getting revenge...

Addor didn't like that idea. Than she would have to research herself and try and figure it out on her own. Addor had never even read a book! How was she supposed to master an entire, sciencey, concept that even the greatest scholars(Laoshi would know if the school knew anything about souls)couldn't figure out? It was an idea that she dreaded. She would much rather torture the information our of some scholar whose experiment she was a part of.

"What the-"

Conversations all stopped and the room turned to see what was going on. Addor was fast enough that most of them had hardly noticed she was there before she was gone and the man was passing them by, trying to catch her.

Most of them here confused. Where did she go? And why? Especially looking as she did... Was she still hurt? Their heads reeled.

But Ma Guiying was shocked for another reason. She stared at the man's face as he passed through the group. She almost couldn't believe what she was seeing herself, "Big... Brother?"

The man's feet paused he looked back and see who it was that'd called him. "Shit." With that, he took off running.