Chapter 5 Part - Backlash 2

She took a deep breath, remembering where the string of yarn spirit power was before working on imagining where the thin veins in her hand would lead. After drawing out a simple map that followed the bones, she split the string into three parts and ran them into the three of the five veins that flowed through the center of her palm.

Controlling such small and crazy strings of power Addor felt strangely winded. From the healing, she could see that it wasn't complete nonsense, but imagining that she had some kind of weird power inside of her was still a little hard to accept.

The wisps met with the hole she'd imagined in her palm. Shaped like a bubble, the strings shimmied slowly inside. She felt like they knew what they were doing as they pushed through an imaginary membrane. Once inside the bubble they grew hot and began changing color from a blue so light it nearly looked white to an angry red. It expanded, little bits of string that were still coming from her shoulder still pushing through. She focused on splitting the string into three but still watched- or rather, imagined- as the red ball of wound up angry strings expanded and eventually burst into flame. The flame itself ignored the bubble and half of the fire escaped outside, no longer able to be seen in her mind's eye. Addor felt like her palm was burning and momentarily lost her concentration on the string of spirit power leading into her palm from her wrist.

The pain that was only in her shoulder took flame in her wrist and in a flash her whole arm was being stabbed by serrated pocket knives. Though, on the outside, there probably wasn't any reaction... She laughed into the darkness behind her eyelids. She'd done this to herself by thinking that, whatever this was, she could do it too especially after seeing the doctor talk about it so lightly. Apparently, he expected it would have come to her like he expected the language had. Sadly, she was already Chinese and didn't need to learn another language like she needed to learn to move her spirit power around.

Though she had to admit all these formalities made her head want to explode.

Addor hardly took her mind away for a second before she pulled herself back into the difficult game and focused on the energy in her arm. She continued pulling the string steadily from her shoulder while, at the same time, doing the same with her wrist, trying to unblock the blockage that had piled up. She didn't hurry to push the spirit power from her wrist into her palm but continued at a steady rate. She knew that as long as the string in her wrist was dammed up that the pain in her arm wouldn't fade. Even so, she took her time, not daring to rush the unpracticed strings.

Addor, who was fully immersed, was totally unaware of what was happening outside of her body.