Chapter 32 Part 3 - "I would be Honored," To Scare You into doing What I Want

The town of La Chu was situated just east of the river, on the edge of the boundary of the tribsmen. Small and forgotten it's not wonder that not even mail carriers travel their way.

Once the Emperor had finally died in battle after seizing the Kingdom in which the tribsmen lived his son took up the throne. Unlike his military-oriented father he himself was a kind soul. A scholar. As he began putting things in order he did notice a disgression in the papers--many of them, actually--and began calling people from around the land to get more oppinions. One of those called happened to be a representative of the tribe east of the river.

The representative that came was a man, a young man, suspicios of the King's motives. The King thought him a little... shifty, even. On his tail was a rare fully grown magical beast. A Beast pwerful enough to take a man's head and gulp it down before the man had even known he was being targeted. It was just that kind of beast.

After listening to the man's story about the troubled tribe the scholarly king asked if the tribe had, in the end, died. After all this man--more of a boy really--had no markings or bearings of a forest dwelling tribsman.

"No," He said calmly. In all this time he hadn't once bothered bowing to the king. His speech was polite, but to the point. "Because a boy chased from his home had found in that meager bag of food a chance at their survival. He found an egg that held two souls. With that and the help of the tribsmen he was able to hatch and raise those two into a beast capable of many things. By taming and teaching these beasts food was only a given."

"And this is...?"

"This is one of the offspring of those two souls, Sire." The boy waved the beast forward.

The beast on four legs came only to the man's shoulder. Nonetheless, it's power was undeniable.

The King shivered at the tought of turning such a thing against him. Or even having one by his side at all. "I assume you want it to be made official?" The King gulped, looking at the compact monster before him. Anything he could do to prevent that power from exploding... he would do.

The boy smiled. He cupped his hands before him and, surprising everyone in the court room, bowed, "I would be honored, Your Majesty."