Chapter 10 Part 1 - 9-year-old Profesional Cook

"I have some soup stock soaking for you now!" She motioned with her stirring hands to a to on the stove. "I can have some ready for you soon!"

Addor was really more of a "Meat." person.

"I can put some extra chicken in but your veins should really have some medical plants to help rejuvenate you." The young girl poured what she had been stirring into a pan she'd pulled out earlier. She opened the oven with one foot and tossed the pan in once the bowl was empty and pan filled. She closed it with her foot as she tossed the bowl onto the counter and stopped only to put her hands on top of the oven. When the inside began to glow red she pulled away and hurried over to something else in the fridge.

They are weirdly advanced in some ways. Addor had seen their traditional outfits and old but luxurious homes, but she'd also seen a radio and a fridge on the same day. Addor had trouble trying to figure out what era it was but decided then that she'd give up guessing. She figured it would be safe to assume that titles and social interaction was old, but they had energy from magic so technology is out there.

Addor loved meat, but she'd eat anything set in front of her and then some. She leaned against a wall, out of the way as she watched the girl work.

"You are so lucky! She makes food like a god! She was taught by her mother, who's a genius, and she became the house cook over a year ago when she was eight! Not only that, but she knows medicinal herbs and helped your grandfather get through this nasty sickness last year! Her technique made even the castle cook pause in wonder! That was during her test in the-" The ghost boy continued, but Addor ignored him and eventually his voice began to fade as she became more and more entranced by the small girl's motions.

What she'd pulled out of the refrigerator had been several different vegetables. She tossed them all into a water-filled bowl and turned to the stove. She removed the stock pot and tilted the lid, leaving only a crack for the liquid to come through. Tilting up the pot over another larger pot a stream of clouded reddish liquid seeped out. After the liquid was out she dumped the rest of the small pot onto a plate, revealing several bones.

She put the pot into the clay sink as she grabbed a few of the vegetables from the bowl. She set them under a piece of metal netting. A glow appeared as she touched the metal and it fell down, cutting straight through the vegetables. Half an onion, a few large carrots, and a few other things that Addor didn't recognize were chopped several times by the metal, making them into largely minced pieces, just the right size.

Looking at that, Addor felt her stomach growl.

Soon, the broth and the vegetables were boiling together and creating a great smell. A few other things had made their way into the pot along the way as well. Next to the soup, the girl had also made a long sandwich with several layers. It was cut into three, making each piece about one hand long. She'd also pulled the mix out of the oven and was letting it cool.

"Here you go, Miss Fan." the girl carefully set down a small bowl in front of Addor.

The soup had a deep red color. The chopped up greens and whites were stacked up in the center of the bowl giving it both color and texture. Addor didn't wait any longer and dove into the meal in front of her.

The chopped bits were shoveled in when she lifted the bowl to her mouth and the broth down with them. The whole process hadn't taken more than two minutes when she tossed the bowl down noisily and said, "More."