Chapter 11 Part 4 - "Something Happened"

The Chow family belonged to an old and long family line that helped create the Er Zhao Shang Kingdom grow to it's current, large size. They also had a large military background and even now had the power to move hundreds of thousands of men.

The Fan family, on the other hand, was a new power with riches and ties to the current throne. With both old and new power, the two families could essentially become one of the top five powers in the kingdom.

"Something happened," Addor said calmly. She took a took a seat but didn't add to her surprising words.

The girl was leaving as she paused and turned back to listen, "Something happened to the Fan family?" She smirked, "Must be big." he'd obviously gotten over the surprise of being caught. It wasn't strange to be in his bed in the first place, being one of his concubines and all.

"Yang Jie!" Chow Su hissed at her and the girl smiled and hurried from the room.

Her seeming innocent appearance was obviously a face for her sly nature.

"What happened? Is Master Fang Ling alright?" Chow Su took a seat next to Addor with a worried expression.

For a boy of fifteen, he was small. Even though he was short, he was fit. His shoulders were wide, which made him feel like a man despite his short stature that was short even for a girl. He exuded a kind and gentle aura. He reminded her of uptown kids who didn't know that people weren't to be trusted. His skin was beautiful and his chest was peeking out from beneath his loose robes.

He took one of Addor's hands in his watched her carefully. He was quiet, ready to listen to her problems and give advice if she wanted it.

Addor didn't remove her hand but, being mentally only twelve years old, she was a little bothered by the seemingly casual touch. Especially since the two were engaged to be married. Addor was careful with her word choice. "Fan Rei... Is gone."