Chapter 20 Part 1 - Limits

Laoshi began looking it over. "Doesn't look like it's ten years old, yet. What a waste. It's still a baby." He shook his head.

Chen Mei Xiu, the small girl following behind, nodded as well. It seemed she also thought it was a waste.

Mu Guiying couldn't help the horror on her face. He was feeling bad for the hou? Did he realize who must have killed it? What kind of danger she got herself into? Didn't he feel anything knowing that she might already be dead? Was this the limit of how much he cared for her?

"There isn't anything to gain from killing this." He shook his head, "Just what is that girl doing?" He continued trekking up the mountain.

Chen Mei Xiu followed after him.

"Wha-" Mu Guiying watched the two of them heartlessly moving forward without a care about Fan Rei's safety. "Wait- What do you mean? Hey- Shifu! Wai-Wait up! What do you mean? Shifu?"

--In another part of the forest--

"Good doggy!" On her face was a huge smile. IN her hands she held up a da xiezi by the tail.

A da xiezi is a scorpion from anywhere from 10 centimeters to sixty. The most common type, the red stinger, is a two tier magical beast and even most trained soldiers didn't dare go up against them. This particular one was a red stinger do xiezi that was almost seventy years old. Meaning it was nearly 50 centimeters long. One of her hands was holding it up by it's underbelly from the back and the other had a few fingers holding onto the stinger.

"Now, when I let this go, what you are going to do is dodge the stinger each time it strikes. Don't attack it until my command, okay? Dodge only! You ready?"

"Ah! What are you doing?"

Just as Addor was getting ready to release it a woman screamed.