Chapter 26 Part 2 - Silent Gamble

Addor considered her options carefully. She could just play along dumb. Maybe something like, That's when I lost my memory. Or just tell her about her spirit switching out for Fan Rei's and let her fill in the blanks? Playing dumb might throw anyone that might want to come back and finish the job off her track, but she wouldn't get any new information. On the other hand, would she be strong enough to fend off someone if they did still want to come back?

Addor had to stop herself from smiling. She already felt like she was back on Earth, playing word games and making gambles. Ah~ Just like the old days.

Wait- When did she become an old person? She was only twelve! Or wait, fifteen now?

In the end, she just nodded. Someone who had asked so outright might be stupid enough to keep talking. Addor's gamble paid off.

"Wow! That must've been terrible! Did you see- Wait- you said you were from another realm? Is that when you changed? You don't seem the type to pick up a prince."

Addor nodded again.

Chen Mei Xiu quietly sighed in relief. Though Addour couldn't see her she could hear it in her voice when she spoke next, "That's some crazy luck, huh? Getting someone else's body after their dead."

I never said she'd died, but it could be assumed. Addor nodded again.

"Well, I'll... Give you some privacy..." With that, she rushed from both Addor's side and the classroom.