MayBe We Had To Take Some Time

( Niall horan )

It was following Sunday. I was watching tv when door bell rang. I went out to check who it was and looked through the peephole of my door.

" Fuck " I murmured.

It was winty.

My heartbeat had accelerated all of sudden. Instead of opening the door I ran in my bedroom and quickly looked for my T-Shirt and jeans to got into. And only than i unlock the main door.

" Hey " I said, panting.

" Hey " she question, her head titled to one side.

" sorry scoot went out with some friends today " I respond. today she is wearing a white plain t-shirt and pair of Black jeans in which her curves were beautifully catching my naked eyes.

" opps, its alright, I'll come tomorrow maybe " this was the first time we are actually exchanging words after the day in gym.

" you can come inside, if you want " I said, giving her side.

" are you sure " she asked.

I nodded.

she settle down on couch and made herself comfortable. By the time I fetched Lemonade for her from kitchen.

" So he didn't tell you about his hangout " I asked, offering lemonade but looking at the TV.

" He told me but I forgot " She said, squeezing her eyes shut as she pronounced forgot

I wondered if it was the tangy lemonade which had made her squeeze her eyes shut like that.

As we sat next to each other. I noticed that she was looking visibly uncomfortable. I assumed it had to do with the closed door and the conscious realization that it was just the two of us inside home.

I could see the discomfort on her face, in her body language, in her exaggerated smile and even in her gesture as she repeatedly smoothened her hair.

But before she could have felt more uncomfortable, I jumped in to change the strained atmosphere. I got up from the couch and sat on a bean bag next to it.

" I am sorry for that day " finally I spoke out.

She put the glass on table, looked at me in different way that actually killed me.

" hmmmmm "

" Look I am genuinely sorry for that day, I should not have said that all in front of Jake. I am regretful " I said without taking a pause or maybe without looking for best words to impress her.

" Don't need of it. I accept your your apology already " Saying all this, she got up from her seat to exchange a little friendship hug.

And than we actually talked on those things, I hadn't expected soon. She seemed to be less nervous and was laughing every now and than from which I knew, she owned a cute one.

" My real dad is Britisher and mom is Spanish. So I loved to call myself a brinish girl " she said raising her voice. So I could hear her from living room.

I was preparing bacon, eggs, noodles and some french fries in dinner on her insist after i slipped out that I am a good chef.

" so which kind of music you like " I asked, while taking out some boiled eggs from pan.

" I am tone deaf. I don't like music " she respond in the same manner she did last.

" o really "

our voice raising and dropping depending on where we are.

She told me how things were difficult since her Bff went to her native place. She had to make breakfast by herself, a tasteless one and how she need to invest her mind to think on excuses to her boss on late appearance in office.

All this continued with dinner also. Later, she helped me in doing dishes. I wasn't embarrassed on exposing my messy kitchen to her. I was enjoying her presence. I don't know why but i felt different. It all felt nice. Maybe because it had been so long since I had been with a girl in the Privacy of my house at this late hour. Perhaps that's why the air around us felt so stimulating as if it was changed with some sort of mysterious, invigorating vibes.

We shifted to the balcony now. It was pleasant being there with her in that dimly lit balcony and witnessing that beautiful night full of stars. I wasn't able to see her attractive face clearly but the lack of light actually made it more interesting for both of us to be out there.

I don't know what exactly the darkness had to do with this, but it certainly added an overwhelming feeling to it all.

It simply takes away the distance between two people who are talking and let's them be them self. When you are not able to look into the eyes of the other person and read her thoughts, you don't trend to verify what she is saying. You simply take her as being true to her words. And you love to do so more if she is a gorgeous one.

It was refreshing out there and the gentle air around me was filled with a wonderful blend of various scents at times I smelled mine and sometimes hers.

Almost an hour, i guess. When the bell rang again.

" it must be scoot " I said and jumped out from the chair to answer the doorbell

" Winter is here " I said as Scoot took his first foot to come inside.

" really where she is " he walked ahead of me to look for his friend.

" out there in balcony " I told him and closed the door

" what are you guys doing out here ?? " he asked, while exchanging some warm hugs with her.

" nothing much " she said. I don't know, but for some reason she didn't have any answer.

" So you guys actually sort the difference " he smiled, looking back at me.

She tilted her head.

" he made me dinner "

On her statement, scoot actually forgot to breath for minute. His eyes were big and jaws almost dropped on floor. " what ?? that's not fair. You haven't served all this to me ever. "

" because you are not that much special to me " i teased, holding my position on threshold.

" well guys i need to go now " She checked her wrist watch.

" why don't you stay here. We will have some fun " scoot said behalf on me.

" no I can't stay, I only get sleep on my bed though " I felt like she wanted to stay here but what suddenly change her mind, was a bit difficult to understand. After all You never got girl clearly ever in your whole life span.

" alright. I'll drop you " scoot said and went away.

Now its me and her again alone. I don't know how to say good bye but I gave her a tight hug. Sometimes silence was the greatest thing.

She walked past by me but than i heard her " sorry i didn't get your name yet "

I turn around with a smirk on my face" Harry.. Harry Tomlinson "