Competition. Chpt. 75

It's the final count down...
Bah na na nah,
Buh, na, na, nah

DANIELS POV
"Time to go to the gym!" Zoe yelled down. The hall. She's really keeping me motivated to workout everyday like I used to, and I love spending time with her.

"One sec!" I yell back. I grab my bag and head down the stairs where Zoe is waiting for me. She has her bag slung over her shoulder and she's wearing leggings and an oversized sweatshirt, which I already know she's going to take off in the gym, but she looks so hot.

"Ready?" She asks and twirls the car keys around my fingers.

"Ready, Freddy!" I yell and run out the door. She chuckles and follows me.

"I'm driving!"

"I call shotgun!"

"Daniel, when it's only two people you don't need to call-"

"I already did!" I yell and hop in the passenger seat. Zoe tosses her bag into the back seat and hops to the drivers seat. "I love you." I say and lean my head on her should. I slowly put my hand on her upper thigh.

"Stop babe, I'm driving..." she whines.

"But I don't wanna stop!" I whine into her neck.

"Then your going to have to wait till we get home, okay, babe?" She asks.

I nod my head and detach myself from her. I pout my bottom lip and turn to Zoey. "That's not going to work on me anymore, Dani." She states.

"Fine..." I say and slump down into my seat.

"Aww, is baby sad?"

"Yes." I mumble. Zoe chuckles and keeps driving.

We quickly approach our local gym, mostly because it's only two miles away, "what about a friendly competition?" I ask.

"Hit me!" She replies with her competitive spirit.

"Who ever runs the least need to walk home!" I state.

"Are we talking miles or speed?"

"Miles."

"Deal!" We shake hands and grab our bags from the back seat. As we walk into the gym, I start with running, no way I'm losing this thing!

We've been here for an hour and a half and Zoe hasn't even hit the treadmills yet! She's been working on her abs and arms today. I can't wait to watch her walk home, that may sound cruel, but it's so true!

I stop keeping my focus on her and complete my entire workout. I finish up with a few more minutes on the treadmill and meet up with Zoe at the door.

While I was drenched in sweat and gasping for air, Zoe looked how she always looks after her workouts. "How many miles?" I ask gasping for air.

"None. What about you?" She asks.

"Are you kidding me! I ran fifteen miles!"

"Opps, well it's only a less than two mile walk home! See ya later, alligator!" She says and tosses me the keys. I stand there shocked. She played me! 

I watch her put in her headphones and start to jog home. I roll my eyes knowing she will only run only an eighth of what I did. 

I hop in the drivers seat and make my way home. As I'm driving, I see Zoe jogging in place at a stoplight waiting for it to turn green. Once it does, she jogs across and keeps going. This girl will one day be the death of me.

A/N
Sorry for not posting yesterday! I had to write an application letter for a school thing!

I hope you keep reading!
Please vote and comment!
Ilyg!
-Manda