Out Of Touch.

I drag my suitcase off of our bed, well, it was our bed. I don't want to deal with any of this anymore. What is the point of a relationship if you're going to continuously feel alone or under appreciated or even like infidelity is lingering somewhere near the connection you share with your partner. It's tiring and I do not like it! I'd rather lie in bed alone for a thousand Sunday's then sit here and let him do this to me.

"Cut it out, you're being ridiculous."

I shake my wrist out of his tight grip. Pushing past him, I drag my luggage down the stairs to the front room. "Am I, am I, really?" I question rhetorically. "I'm through with the games. I'm a good woman and you know it! I don't deserve this!" I scream over my shoulder.

"A good woman, you are but you are so insecure."

A record scratch is heard in the privacy of my own mind. I drop my luggage, a thunderous clunk is heard as it hits my foot. I may have broken a toe but right now, that kind of pain is the least of my concerns. "You little– You little... fucker! How dare you? Did you ever take a second to think to yourself why I am like this? Hm, maybe–just maybe– Delilah would like to feel secure that I'm not cheating– just fucking maybe, Prince!"

"So this is what we're playing? The blame game with a hint of cat and mouse?" He laughs dropping his hands being folded across his chest. "Really?" His chuckles increase in quantity as I stare back at him feeling the the throbbing of my toe. "If I invite you to wherever I'm going— I beg you to sit next to me in restaurants and you're stupid enough to believe that?" The ending his statement is accompanied with the back side of his hand swatting my favorite lamp off of its post. "You're that fucking stupid?" I'm he thinks I'm crazy, but stupid?

"Don't call me stupid— Don't start throwing your man-baby tantrums either!" I scream back, my damage toe pulsates faster as my right foot kicks a leg of the chair closest to me. The peg breaks and the chair falls to be crooked.

He snatches my suitcase and throws it at the door. My body flinches at the loud crash of the door behind me breaking into large wooden pieces. "Get the fuck out then!" Standing before him with a softened face, I stare back at the multiple shades of red he has become, internally and externally. "You know why you haven't left? Because you know you can't! I've done nothing wrong. You're so out of touch with reality that you're delusional! Why? Because," his tone drops and that same sinister chuckle finds it's way back into my eardrum as he wickedly smirks at me. "You're too damn insecure, Delilah."

"No! I'm out of time. I love you since my patience clock has ran its course and I have this much," I scream holding up a representation of the little space between my thumb and index finger, "Toleration for your bullshit left! I love you, let me love you without feeling like you don't care about me! I hate this relationship!"

"Then get the fuck out!" He screams back angering me enough to snatch a gold plaque off the wall. I hurl it at his head and his forearm blocks him... like he's Batman or some shit. Who the hell does he think he is? Some kind of stupid ass superhero? "If you loved me," He screams back kicking the unharmed plaque to the side. "You wouldn't be leaving! You know how much I love you and you know I'm out of my fucking mind when you're not around!"

I holler back, "I don't care!"

His fist punches against the wall. "Then get out!" Snatching the phone off of the hook, I throw it across the room. I take the broken glass of the lamp and slash a throw pillow, watching its internal feather fly into the air, I begin to feel satisfied. "Out!" He yells once more, my ribs quake at the volume. Upon my exit I stop at the door and smile back at him. Maybe I am crazy... he's made me this way.

"I hate you."