Desire [PREVIEW]

Timing is important and as much as I'd love to publish this book, it's not the time yet. In the meanwhile, enjoy this short peek of the tone.

One•Thorny

I wince at the annoying squeak in the broken chair as I scoot closer to where Prince sits. "What'cha cookin' up in here?"

"Oh, nothing... just a little something." I sit watching him as he accidentally mesmerizes me. Prince is a bat sitting in his cave rethinking life as I, the ant, wander around his cave. In other words, Prince is paying me zero attention... as usual. Whenever I start to think he dreads my company, he assures me that there are no hard feelings. It doesn't take long to catch on how complex he is. I was able to tell he was a interesting something before I'd even met him thanks to Mark.

Uncomfortably scanning the studio, my thumping mind jacks all throughout my skull in a cold sweat searching through my mental files of what to say next. "So, uh... you know, I'm going to try and go on tour with you guys again... that should be fun."

"Yeah, we always have fun."

I can agree with his words as well as disagree. When it's a group of us lads and lassies, we always have a marvelous time. Yet, when the two of us are alone, like now, I often feel my teeth being pulled.

To warm these the icy flesh I call fingers, I find myself sitting on my hands. His eyes finally look over to meet my own before they size up my entire body. He innocently asks, "Would you like me to turn the heat up? You look cold."

Immediately crossing my arms, I am reminded of my unintentional erection.

"No thank you, I'm going to go now." Rising my to my feet, I turn on my feels to exit in another direction when I hear his voice once.

He says to me, "I'll see you tomorrow right?"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow..."

Prince turns back to place his focus into his music. Hair swirling past me, I bounce off into the hallway with my arms still crossed. Here, Alan stands conversing with Ariana, one of Prince's female friends' little sister. She had passed away some years ago but Ariana has become one of us, she ends up staying here at least four, five times a week. The two quickly glance up at me with curiosity as to what he said to me in response.

"If you wanted to know so bad, you could've went and asked him, you know," I politely remind the two. They laugh off my words. "I'm serious, guys! I don't like how whenever he goes missing in action, somebody always sends Rose to find him. Why do I have to go?" Alan carries his laughter with him as exits, his echoing chuckles leaving a ringing through the hallway up until we hear the door to Prince's basement close.