The Saga pt.6

"Prince!"

Elise calls out for a second time hoping to finally break his barrier so that he'd stop walking. Elise wonders what could have possibly happened in a matter of minutes. She and Joey had only left for minutes. Next thing she knows, he's running out with a face to kill.

"Prince, wait," Elise cries finally grasping on to his balled up fist. "What happened in there?" She drags him down to sit on the bench next to him.

Prince's gaze fixed on the concrete beneath his feet, he says, "I was going to have sex with her regardless. She would've really enjoyed herself." Elise stares back in confusion. Prince possesses an amazing way of making sex sound as innocent as eating Doritos and playing Scrabble. "You and Joey left and Kim got.... naughty. It was cool, I hadn't done anything in a movie theatre in a while since I always go with you these days." Elise feels a hint of a bittersweet sting. She wished he'd try something on her in a movie theatre but at least they're together as often as they are. The longest she's gone without seeing Prince, since meet him, has been two and a half days. He takes her everywhere he goes. They're going to California in two weeks. "The usher came up and suggested that we chill because the owner's been freakin' lately. But... but, then, he saw Kim. He saw her and he knew her."

"Okay, he knew her... Is that why you're embarrassed," Elise questions.

"Elise." Prince clears his throat. "He knew her."

Elise, taken aback by a whirlpool, knows exactly what Prince is trying to say. "Aw, man," she softly whines dropping her head on his shoulder. "In your defense, she's known by a lot of people..."

"But I like– I liked her."

Elise lets out a loud sigh, her hand rubbing small circles in the center of his back. "We can go if you want to?"

With the snap of his neck, Prince's emotions spring back into the same ethereal, light-hearted energy he carries on the daily. "Nope!" He smiles standing up. Shake it off, he says to himself. Elise allows him to take her hand as they walk back into the theatre.  "We can go back. I got something but she got nothing. Can we switch places though? Maybe you or Joey can sit next to Boner Breath," Prince rambles on. It seems that he does not realize he's technically insulting himself since his boner is what's on Kim's breath. "I've been waiting for them to re-screen this since it premiered. To hell if she ruins this for me. Hey, they got M&M's at the front?"

Prince's rambling continues on and on, and on up until they meet Joey face to face. Joey stands holding all of their snacks. "You good, man?" He asks Prince.

"I'm perfect," Prince laughs.

The three skip back into the theatre in a manner almost identical to how they'd done earlier, with the exception of Joey repeatedly uttering Wrecka Stow. They line back up. Prince walks past Kim to sent on the inside, Elise follows, still holding his hand. Behind Elise is Joey. He takes a seat next to Kim and snarls at her, "Messing with Prince? Not cool, man. Not cool at all."

After the film was finished being displayed. Joey said his goodbye's and left. Prince and Elise sat alone in her living-room. "I'm sorry your date was a hoe, Prince." Elise says to him as she massages her left foot from the aching caused by the shoes that she chose to wear.

"Her being a skank doesn't bother me, I knew that already. That's why I wanted to rock that boat. I was just embarrassed," Prince confesses. "If I took a brother's girl, that would've been kind of funny but in order for that to happen, she'd have to be swooning for me— whether it's to just lay me or love me... But the way she said I was," Prince holds up quotations. "The boy from Tommy's." His hands drop in annoyance. "That's dog... like your feet, Elise! What the hell!"

Elise stares down at her swollen feet with giggles escaping. "I'm sorry, they hurt!" She twinkles her toes. Prince's priceless expression forces her to fall over into his lap, a wave of laughter taking control of her communication. Elise begins to sit up when her emotions cause her to halt while she is inches away from his face. Those rose colored lips of his have her tempted. Elise thinks to herself, This sure would be the perfect moment to...

"Please don't kiss me," Prince openly begs.