The Saga pt. 8

"And so when you think about it, it's funny because you realize that there is nothing that we can do. We're stuck forever... until we die," Prince rambles on aimlessly, without a single point.

Elise crosses her legs and continues to swing. She says to him, "You drive me crazy." Prince simply laughs, watching her swing in a state of confusion. He felt as though he made perfect sense. From the beginning to end, everything he had said was logical to him regarding the human addiction to candy— that is what his rant topic was. Although, Elise had caught none of it. Elise catching not a single ounce leaves Prince to question whether or not she really is a Renaissance Woman as she had easily convinced him before.

"To be or not to be..." Prince sighs, Elise still swinging. "I forgot the rest..."

"Prince, are you talking to just hear your own voice because nothing you're saying makes sense." He frowns at Elise's words. He doesn't know why she's being mean to him today, this is his regular, everyday behavior. Yes, he is talking to simply hear himself. "I'm sorry," she quickly says to him.

Prince, still frowning, leaps off of his swing. He sticks the landing and stands before her. "You're acting like Kim... that ain't cool." He simply says. Elise can feel her cut contracting at his statement. "Are you having a bad day?"

Elise's head shakes.

"So what's the deal then?" Prince questions as he walks back over to his swing. He hovers over his swing, her next reply will confirm whether or not he will sit back down and continue spending time with Elise.

Elise refuses to share her reason for being down with anyone. She doesn't want to make things weird. Truth is, she had been sitting here thinking of the way Kim treated Prince so wrong for the last five minutes. She can not seem to fathom why anyone would treat a person of his caliber so disgustingly. He's such a good person. It really grinds Elise's gears when she thinks of the situation as a whole. It's over now, though. There's nothing Elise can do except be profusely agitated that Prince still goes to Tommy's Diner everyday and has the nerve to still greet the woman that he had previously referred to as Boner Breath.

Elise replies, "Nothing, Prince."

"I'm going to go.... I don't know what I did but I'll just go..." He looks her up and down as he prepares his departure.

"I'm not mad at you!" Elise yells. "Why are you leaving?"

Prince points at her. "That's why," he calmly utters. "I don't know what's got you down but you're taking it out on me. I don't like it, it's hurting my feelings." He steps forward and plants a soft kiss on her check. He simply felt like she needed to feel some bit of love, he hopes that it'll eventually overturn that random hatred she is carrying in her. Prince somberly trots off, leaving Elise in a state of an internal war. Two candidates fight; Love v. Hate.

Her butterflies kick out her anger once the recent events settle within her. Prince's lips had actually made primary contact with her skin. Her squinted eyes soften with a snap as a hue of a love-stricken trance takes over her conscience. Elise realizes how aggressive she was toward Prince and hops off of her swing with a quickness. As fast as she can, she gathers her belongings and scurries down in the street in the direction she saw him wander off into. She catches him at an entrance. A sign on top of the building carries two words.

Tommy's Diner.