The Saga pt. 12

THE SAGA RETURNS

"Okay."

Prince looked at the clock, almost as if it'd tell him that it hasn't been his birthday for three hours without Elise calling. He's at a crossroad. He already apologized for the wrong that he did and his accident. Is he supposed to apologize for Elise taking her personal issues out onto him too? He doesn't get it.

"Man, she ain't gone call me."

It was all an accident. How many more times can he say it? How many more languages can he spell it out in? Seriously, what is he supposed to do next? Can you feel the frustrations? Elise can't.

She left him a birthday card, hopefully he'll see it. As said before, she wants nothing to do with him. Although, she sits in her kitchen in a smock covered in various shades of purple as she finishes pouring all emotions left in her system. Elise is more upset with herself than Prince. Sure, he was playing too much but, doesn't he always? He's never known where boundaries lied. He's never known not to cross them. She blamed him because she did not know how to accept her own embarrassment. Now, she's separated from her best friend... on his birthday.

Elise's pride has done one hell of a number of the two of them. No matter how much Prince calls, leaves letters and nice gifts in multiple places for her, she refuses to look him in the eye. She refuses to have to listen to his voice. Whether he is apologizing or not, all it will do is remind her how much she has been overreacting for the past four months. For some reason, in Elise's mind, it's better to continue hurting him rather than fessing up to the wrongs she has committed. It's her twisted, self-based, stubborn logic. A logic he can't help but miss. Why? Because she's his best friend.

To Be Continued....

Something slight and unedited to get back into my own rotation and routine.