The Saga pt. 2

Elise sat at the table, notebook in hand and mind full of ideas. She simply cannot find the right image to fill this sheet of paper. Frustrations are taking their rightful place in her chest— but then... there is a knock on her front door. She sluggishly shuffles to the front door. Opening it, she is greeted with a fluffy haired kid that she's quite familiar with. His smile wide and arms clinging on to a feline.

"Hey, Elise, got any canned goods?" He questions stroking the cat with his thumb. The purrs are soothing his forearm in a comforting manner.

Elise, skeptically, steps back with her sight fixed on Prince as he enters and wanders off to her kitchen at an instance. She follows up behind him. He has set the cat on her counter and is digging through her pantry. The cat casually crawls along the edge of Elise's counters and sink. Elise recognizes the cat from a mile away. "What are you doing with Owen's cat again, Prince?" She intensely questions. Jogging over to the counter, Elise snatches the cat off of the counter and glares back at him.

"He left and I told him I'd take care of him," He replies. "I don't know what kind of food he likes and he won't eat the cat food Owen left."

She sighs holding onto Owen's , Prince's manager, cat. She never knew the cat's name but had always imagined it to be somewhere along the lines of Scruffles or Mr. Winkle. "No, you're going to try and give him more chili. We don't need to relive that all over again— your scars are just starting to clear up!" She whines snatching the can away from him.

"But he likes it!"

Elise yells back, "He'll get sick, Prince!"

Prince snatches the cat and the chili in a swift motion as he runs across the room with a slight chuckle. Elise sighs loudly before feeling overwhelmed by even more frustration. She contemplates whether or not to go after him. "Prince, I'll kill you before I let you kill that cat!" She groans running after him. Prince runs around the couch, Elise runs right after him.

"He likes it, Elise!" Prince hollers. He turns the corner on a sharp instant, heading to the back, and hops on her bed, Elise stays right behind him. "He'll be okay!" Taking off with another sprint, Prince scurries over to the couch and stops for a breath on the other side, Owen's cat still being held tightly against his chest. "Elise, nooooo," Prince whines as she chases him.

Running into the kitchen, Prince opens a cabinet, with his knuckle of the hand holding the chili can, in hopes of tripping Elise. "Prince, give me the fucking chili!" She screams. Taking a breath of her own, Elise calms down. "Prince, please give me the chili. I'll take you to Patty's Pets and we'll sample every cat food they have until we find one that he likes but no more chili, okay?" Reluctantly, Prince hands her the can of chili. He goes on to sit on the couch in a slight pout. He swears he knows the right way to go, Elise thinks to herself. "I will be right back. Let me go change and we'll leave."

Elise steps off to her back bedroom. She quickly shuffles through her closet for her best outfit. Prince gives her the hardest time she's ever had but she still cannot help but carry such a heavy crush on him. Elise finally pulls her dress over her head. She pauses for a moment and takes in the silence. Looking around her room in suspicion, she trusts her own personal gut. "He took the chili and left," she predicts.

Elise slides her pantyhose up her thighs as fast as humanly possible. She dips off and turns the corner. He'd left her cabinet wide open, as well as her front door.

"I'm going to kill him," she mumbles.

I made the decision to continue posting short little scenes of these two because I really do like them. The real prologue is finished but I don't know if I'll write this. You guys always say you want something and then nobody reads it. Plus, I have enough on my plate. I'll probably post these two daily... to be completely honest. Think of it like the cartoons in the paper but everyday lol.