CoCo Boys Book

*lights cigarette*

Let's talk about a book I started and never even mentioned in detail because I wanted to drop it as a surprise

Let's talk about a book I started and never even mentioned in detail because I wanted to drop it as a surprise. It was March 2017, I think. I'd never heard CoCo Boys and it popped up on youtube. I became addicted immediately. A book plot came to me by the third listen. I kept listening back to back to back too. So, I pick up my pen and paper (something I had not done in forever) and start scribbling down names and personalities and people to match the song and how I wanted Frankie & Joe to look and all this stuff. I can talk about it because 1) nobody's active enough to steal my shit.😭 2) Y'all family anyway and the only people who read these rants are my mutuals that I always joke with— except the girl who's name rhymes with Eleven.

Two groups.

Sandra Dee consists of 5 people. We had Gitchee, Mikey, Starr, Angel, and Tracy. They all were based on Prince personalities.

Gitchee? The silent and gentle giant. Not sure how I came up with his name to be honest. The most you'll get from him is a few grunts. He's a horn player and he rarely talks. A true sweetie.

Mikey? The leader. He aspires to be just like Joey CoCo (who shall be explained). Lead man, lead guitar player, lead singer. Kinda like a softer version of The Kid. Mikey's name is almost random because it doesn't relate to P. Lives with his alcoholic uncle and wants better for everybody.

Starr? A Brit that somehow ended up in Minnesota, perhaps her father was in the military. She's a blonde and she's who inspired the entire group to go blonde and they later name themselves Sandra Dee. Starr obviously derives from Jamie. Starr is the keyboardist.

Tracy? A second keyboardist. He was... well, I was still developing his character. His time to shine woulda came. He played all of the bass parts on keys because they don't have a bass player. Obviously he is named after my husband.. for that reason, he would've probably been a player.

Angel? She was going to be the straight connection to Joey CoCo. She's a complete hot head, terrible attitude too. However, baby KILLS with those drum sticks in her hand. I named her after what Sheila's character was supposed to be in the original GB, hence why she's a drummer. I was probably gonna put a little Latin in her, like maybe on her Dad's side.

Which brings us to Joey CoCo.

Joey would've been everybody's eccentric daddy, take that how you want. It was going to be straight up SOTT Prince. I'm talking air sprayed jean jackets with Make Love Not War buttons, feather braids, hoop earrings, peach tinted shades and SHREDDING that guitar. Joey CoCo would've had the world like David Bowie who? Prince who? I say Prince too because I was gonna have P still be P as himself and to play with the fourth wall, the uncanny resemblance would be pointed out constantly. It's kinda hard to imagine P in '87 without SOTT, huh? I woulda figured it out.

Okay. So, Joey CoCo is who inspired the CoCo Boys.

The CoCo Boys would've definitely looked like the Pet Shop Boys if you asked me. Their band would've all been on a snobby Euro tip even though they're Americans. Frankie obviously would be the leader. Joe would follow behind and Joe's name isn't even really Joe, he changed his name to be like Joey CoCo.

Angel would've bumped into Joey in a music equipment store, owned by her brother in law. He would've invited her to play and eventually want her in his band (LoveSexy band?) but that would've been bad because he already had a drummer (Sheila). Mikey would be mad because what about Sandra Dee?! So, Sandra Dee is fighting Joey CoCo for Angel AND still going through the motions of Battle of the Bands with the CoCo Boys, who's family runs the competition. It was gonna be a mess.

I'll never let this idea go either. It can always become a short. I'm working on my time management again because I have so many plots and so many papers due at once. I didn't give too many details because a miracle can happen and I could be able to successfully write the book but I feel like that's too wishful of thinking, you know? Anyway, yeah. That's that. I really wanted to do it.

Remember Desire? The book I had a trailer and cover made for? Oh yeah. I'm gonna talk about that one too... and if you've been following me for a long time and remember the book BEFORE Skipper's Heartbeat. It was called Love or Money. That one as well. Oh, and I'm gonna go over the Glam Slam plans I had. Okay, that's it. Bye guise. 💜