rant #1831

I try not to rant anymore. I do my best to mind my own business. When I see my mutual's book choices pop up, I don't judge. I keep my opinions to myself. If I see them reading something odd (for lack of a better word) to me I usually go, "girl, what?" and carry on. You like homoerotic books? Do you, honey. I like to occasionally read about my crush or fave as a psychotic serial killer (even though I root for the leading lady to kill him by the end) every cherry moon, you know? To each's own. However, within recent weeks, I seem to have a recurring theme being sprinkled into my life by mutuals and it's becoming alarming. It's the one thing worse than a Trump fanfic and this is the part where I'm about to get ugly and yell and holler and probably judge (Lord forgive me) because it's one those things that is next level on the scale of What The Fuck. So...

*deep breath*

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS INCEST SHIT? I DON'T UNDERSTAND

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH THIS INCEST SHIT? I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I AM NAUSEOUS. I DON'T LIKE IT. WHAT IS THIS? IT IS NOT RIGHT. IT IS NOT NATURAL. I CANNOT TURN THE OTHER CHEEK ON THIS ONE.

Look, the amount of support for incest-related literature that I have been seeing lately is blowing me. It's not the kind of stuff where it's like, PLOT TWIST: THE GUY YOU MET AT THE BAR IS YOUR COUSIN AND NOW YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SHOOK! No, it is some real life Deeeep Virginia/Alabama/Deep Florida kinda of bullshit popping off.

And look. My major is Psychology, okay. I have the least room to be judging because it'll be my job to try and understand why people think so far out of the box. You know, I really do push to not judge. My parents raised me to be an open minded individual. I've read articles where people have had incest based dreams and woke up in a complete state if shock like, what the hell is happening?! And I look at events like that different because the brain does its own thing sometimes and we just have to take it and ride it out. Not to mention that not only did those people have zero control over the dream but they felt the complete opposite and were utterly confused/disgusted/frightened by the dream. (You guys should read it about it. It's some really odd but entertaining theories regarding that thread.)

But...

To purposely seek it and advocate for it and fetishize it? It's not healthy. There's so many things that I can say, "You do you, boo! I'm gone mind mine while you handle that!" I do it all the time.😂😂 But... incest is one of those *record scratch* type of things. I have seen Damita Jo and Mike so many times, oh my gosh. I have gay fics to straight BLOOD brothers. I have seen random fictional brothers and sisters. Uhm, I have seen DeVante and his brother Dalvin, DeVante and his father. Lord, the things I've seen— not to mention that the one with DeVante and his father one was not only rape but, DeVante was still a kid... like, a kid, kid. Maybe 12 or something?

People are sick.

Incest is already a what the hell kind of moment but, for it to be pedophilia AND rape with it? Jesus. That is twisted and just... sick.

As for the other class two offenses instead of class three (the 18+ where everything is consensual) it's just something I can't witness anymore. The more I let out my confusion about it, the more I try not to judge so harshly but, it's... man, it's incest. What more can you say? I just... I'm going to bed. This is just God telling me to clean out my following list. The lord is testing me. Goodnight.