The Saga pt. 4

"It's a really nice day today," Elise smiles to herself. She pulls the door open and two-steps up to the counter. "Hey, Joey!" She grins up at her friend. She's known Joey far longer than Prince, although, she spends most of her time with Prince. It is not necessarily by choice.

Prince loves his friendship with Elise and often dubs her as the nicest girl he's ever met— and he's met a lot of women. For this reason, Prince prefers to be around her as often as he can. Elise is a great friend to him. Plus, she listens to him talk about Kim for hours without getting jealous. If neither of them had told you, you'd never guess Elise has been crushing on Prince since the day she met him.

This is where she met him, right here... in Joey's workplace; The Record Store.

"Heyyyy, Elise! Where's your other half?" Joey chuckles as Elise leans on the counter. "If you see Elise, you see Prince. And it's all thanks to me, if I do say so myself."

Elise's giggle brings joy to Joey's heart. Their relationship is also strictly platonic but Joey loves to see Elise smiling. Lucky for him, she smiles much more often these days. "Hey, Joey, I'll cut to the point. I want to take Prince on his first double date but I don't have a date. So... can you pretty please come sit in a movie with me?" Elise bats her long lashes with his folded hands holding her face up by her chin.

"Sure!"

"Really?" Elise questions, she's far beyond excited.

"Anything for you, Elise. You put me on to the hippest cat in Minneapolis," Joey laughs. As he gives Elise a large majority of hid attention, he continues sorting through records. Climbing down from his elevated post, he carries a stack of records to their displays. "So, what're we going to see?"

Elise, following behind him, says, "The Star Wars re-screening that their going to do. I know you love Star Wars, Prince does too." Elise happens to simply an average fan who enjoys the movie enough to watch his for a second time within the last six months.

"Alright," Joey smiles. "Who's Prince's date?"

A shudder slithers down Elise's spine with a small chuckle escaping her lungs. "The waitress from Tommy's... Kim."

He questions, "The blonde one with the big jugs and long hair?"

"Yup."

Elise and Joey find themselves engaging in an depth conversation regarding Kim's popularity. Neither of the two can find what other reason men lust over her besides her breast. Meanwhile, three blocks away, puffy-haired Prince is strutting into the diner with his shirt unbutton down to the center of his chest and a bright smile on his face.

He steps of up to the counter, looking Kim directly in her eyes. "You want to go out with me tomorrow night? My friend and I are going on double date, want to be mine?"

"Yes," Kim says with a nod. She whips out a paper and scribbles on it. "Call me."

Upon her exit Prince glances around the room with a hint of shock hidden with. "That's it?" He scoffs as his grin multiplies in size.  As he walks out grinning he thinks to himself, Really? There's no catch?