Is It Scary?

Part 1

Step by step, my heartbeat accelerates. The papers say it all. There's no reason a giant white building should be in the center of town. It looks like a prison, that is true. I read it in the paper and they said it is to be haunted by a series of young sex slaves who were trapped in here at the age of seventeen. Eventually it was pushed on to be seen as a brothel, a brothel ran by a gay man who is barely sixty-two inches.

The paper never lies, okay? What do they have to lie about? Millions of stories are being written everyday and if you're chosen to be featured, you're special. The same way I was chosen by my friends to be the person to go on and explore this horrendous building. I guess I am special too, you know?

My watch read midnight the last time I checked. The time is being outshined by the pounding of my heartbeat as I get closer to the gate of this large building. The rusted gates creek as I smoothly push through them. I look back for the car I'd arrived in to see my friends sitting around, watching with their eyes wide enough for me to see the whites in this darkness. With a sigh, I push forward to the entrance of this building. The unlocked door is slightly alarming but I continue my expedition.

Candles are lit intermittently around the home as if they've never gone out following the memorial services of the girls that were trapped in this building. Though the candles are lit, it is still hard to see the images surrounding me. I stop near the edge of the hallway due to the feeling of a quake in my nervous noodle-like limbs I stand on.

"Oh my god," I softly say to myself as I attempt to examine the building. A soft whistle swings around my eardrum before my source of lighting is cut off, causing for me to let out an ear-piercing scream. "No, fuck this! I'm out!" I quickly turn around to march my way back out when I bump directly into a figure that happens to be my exact height. A single candle, held in the hand of the person, releases a flicker strong enough for me to look a pair of absolutely unforgettable eyes directly in their pupils. I am scarred for life.

"Now, I know you didn't come all the way in here to just get scared once you find what you're looking for, did you?"

Eyes of mine roll back into their personal sockets. My limp body collapses to the floor, leaving me helplessly in the center of a haunted building with an unknown figure officially in power of my whereabouts for as long as I am unconscious.

I been on a Michael Jackson kick all week. I was watching Ghosts after a MILLION years and Mike as the dancing skeleton is my favorite part. For those of you who don't know, the name of the song that the skeleton is dancing to is the title of this chapter.