17 Days Of Prince

Day Fourteen: 4/19/18
Era: Diamonds & Pearls

"So you broke up with him?"

Andrea nods her head somberly as she skims through the magazine. She broke up with him after a long year of insecurities eating her alive. She can't keep an eye out on him when he's an ocean away. The phone sex was great, the actual sex was even better but once you feel neglected, there's no going back. Rumors had spewing that he was having sex with a seventeen-year-old girl before she started dancing for him. They say he was having sex with Lori too. Oh, can't forget about Carmen, Troy, Lyric, Robin, and the other women who may never be publicly named. It was too much.

Andrea's best friend, Tonya, glances at her. Tonya is Prince's stylist. In other words, she has no way out. "Well, don't say I didn't warn you." Tonya did warn her, that she did. "I mean, hell, if Lyric doesn't want to be with him, doesn't that tell you something?"

That's the thing for her.

Her biggest insecurity has been brought to the forefront. She can deal with fighting off all of the other women but once you bring up Lyric, it's all over. She's beautiful, her body is amazing, she's nice, she can sing, she dances, she plays instruments, she has that twinkle in her eye, she can dress, she's rich, she's known Prince way longer than Andrea and she will be there long after Andrea. It is beyond her reach to try and imagine Prince letting go of Lyric. As long as Lyric is there, Andrea can't be there.

"Bad news, babygirl." Tonya peers out the window of Andrea's window. "He brought he favorite car too." Tonya sarcastically smiles. A bright canary yellow BMW parks itself outside of his window. Andrea scoffs, forcing Tonya to laugh aloud. "You know just like I know that he wasn't going to let you off that easy!"

Andrea whines, falling deeper into her bed. "Tell him to go away!" Tonya gives her a knowing look. Andrea sits up, "What?"

"Girl, that is my boss, not yours! I'm the one who's supposed to be hiding. Go handle that!"

Andrea groans. She gets out of her bed and slips on her snow boots as well as her jacket. The yellow clashing with Minneapolis' pure white snow sends her eyes into overdrive. She  gets into the car, he turns the music down to a cool, soothing volume. It's jazz. He's playing Miles Davis. The boy knows how to turn a car into a bedroom with a single tape.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Prince turns in his seat to face Andrea. "Then why'd you leave me," he asks genuinely curious. She looks at him, he looks at her. He waits for her for to explain but instead, she drops an ultimatum.

"It's me or it's Lyric."

Andrea looks at him. Prince doesn't think not twice about her words even though he doesn't know what he's answering, he follows his gut and his heart. "Lyric," he says without a single feeling of doubt in his mind.

"No, like, who do you want to stay?"

He repeats himself, "Lyric." Andrea's heart explodes as Prince adjusts his seating in the vehicle. "She's never going anywhere. I can't believe you'd try to do that to me."

"I'm going to do this one more time," Andrea says with a soft sigh. "Me or Lyric."

"Lyric."