17 Days of Prince

Day Eleven: 4/15/18
Era: Around The World In A Day

"You tell me!" She laughs at her boyfriend as the two twirl around the dance floor. She can tell you this, tonight, she does not look twenty-eight. In fact, she barely looks twenty-one but she knows she looks damn good! "Is he here or is this one of those pity parties where they show up for five minutes then go?"

Ronnie shook his head. "No! This is the real deal, Cecile." Keri looks around the ballroom as they all dance. Beneath her mask, is a face full of makeup that allowed her eyes to pop from behind her facial decoration. You're good at these things when you're a make-up artist. "And spin!" Ronnie spins Keri, the spin is followed by a low dip.

As her head is upside down, a bright smile takes over her face, her dangling down to the floor. Across the room, a particular pair of eyes take note of her beauty as they fix themselves on their sight of the night.

Keri is pulled back up. "I don't know how you do it but," Keri laugh, looking around the faux ballroom for once more. "Hell, baby, you did it again!" Ronnie, her boyfriend, is infamous for getting the couple in to exclusive parties. He does this quite often. The moment he said he could get her into a Prince party, she was game.

It was the best night of their lives until Ronnie made an innocent mistake.

"I gotta' piss." Ronnie announces. Keri pushes him back with a laugh. "I'll be right back baby." Keri gazes at him. Her eyes ask, what am I supposed to do? Her boyfriend of six years looks around the party. "Mingle! Make friends!" Ronnie kisses her lips, his mask bumping against her own, before he swiftly dives into the crowd in search of a restroom.

He left his love alone in the same building as Prince, completely unattended.

Keri looks around the party. She looks to the left and she looks to the right. It's not much for her to do alone. She hasn't got any friends. Keri begins to make her way to the bar as she feels a soft hand grab her own. Turning around with a slight frenetic appeal, she looks into the mask of another party guest.

"Excuse me, may I have this dance?"

Slightly taken back, Keri listens intensely to the familiarity of the voice. "Do I know you?" She takes a half of a step forward to hear the man better.

"You don't, but I'd love to get to know you."

The level of chivalry he is carrying mesmerizes her. She cannot help but feel the need to give the stranger one single dance.

He takes her into his arms, twirling her as an entrance to the time they will be spending  together. "Is that your boyfriend?" Too caught up trying to look into his eyes, Keri hums, she'd missed his question. "The guy you're with, is he your boyfriend?"

"He is." Keri nods as she is twirled once more.

It is quite obvious that the man she is dancing with is Prince, if only she'd known. Maybe if she had this knowledge, she'd be acting different. "Okay." He brings her closer into his arms. Prince dips her, Keri comes back up and is finally chest to chest with him. "Are you enjoying yourself?" Keri nods her head, again, she's too caught up in Prince's body language. "I am too. What's your name?"

"Keri." Keri is spun once more as she tries to distance herself from him. He's very captivating. "What's yours?"

"Dr. Snugglesworth."

Keri laughs, shaking her head. "No, really! What's your name?"

"Dr. Ray Snugglesworth." Shaking her head, Keri laughs. She looks him up and down feeling a sense of familiarity in his voice. "Curious, much?" He questions with a laugh.

Keri pokes his mask. "Take this off."

He shakes his head. "Nuh uhn."

"Why not?" She asks.

Prince's eyes roll around. "Because I'm ugly." Keri laughs, playfully imitating his actions with the smacking of her lips. "Okay fine, but promise you'll stay and talk to me." Keri nods. "Don't scream either."

"Oh, whatever," Keri laughs as their dancing halts. He pulls her into a dim lit section of the club and removes his masquerade mask. "Oh my god..." she whispers.

"Your turn."