The Saga Pt. 14

Her brain could not comprehend where all of this anger stemmed from as she stomped up the stairs to Prince's apartment door. She was probably red and the Minneapolis wind had left her loose curls scattered all over her head. Her red face, her red palms, and her fuming read eyes keep people out of her way as she marched up those stairs. She knows where the spare key is placed, however, she also knows that the door is more than likely unlocked at this exact moment.

Elise twist the nob and behold, she has entered the domain of Prince's natural habitat. As she enters, she yells, "Where the fuck are you?!" Her eyes dart back and forth as she marches through the apartment. "Prince!" She screams as she approaches the entrance of the main entertainment space. Her eyes and greeted with the sight of him, Prince, on the couch as she, Kim, sits directly beside him.

If you think Elise was fuming before, imagine her now! Elise is livid. Not a single emotion, feeling, or thought within her with the exception of anger. Pure anger.

"What the hell are you doing here," questions Prince as he raises from the couch. He stares her in the eye before his eyes dart to his record holder. A smirk arises within as he returns his gaze to Elise. "You can't knock? Didn't ya' mama teach you any manners?"

Kim giggles.

Ignoring Kim, Elise stares Prince directly in his eyes. "You know why I'm here, stop antagonizing me and give me my damn record! You watched me, didn't you! You had to! How else would you know it was there, huh?!"

Prince shrugs. "Maybe you're more predictable than you think."

Pushing past Prince, Elise goes over to the cabinet hat holds his records. She irritably rummages through in search of the particular record she feels belongs fo her. "You just gonna' let her do that." Kim's words are ignored by the pair of his best friends. Elise is rummaging and Prince is watching with a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"Or maybe I know you better than you think. Maybe I didn't buy it. Maybe I just wanted to make you mad enough that you'd come and take it back like I knew you would. " He somberly half admits to his petty crimes.  Desperate times call fir desperate measures and in his eyes, it was time! So livid that she is now silent, Elise rises to her feet, carefully stepping over the pile of Prince owned records that she was rummaging through. Prince stares back. His conscience weighing heavy on his mind, he tells her, "In the back taped beneath the crate that carries the David Bowie ones."

Backing away from him, Elise checks his body language for a hint of deception. Feeling that he is sincere, Elise exits without uttering a single syllable. Not to Prince, and certainly to Kim. The door slams shut and Kim gazes up Prince with large, excited eyes. "Want to blow off some of that steam?" Prince stares back at her, his mind far more focused on how long it'd take his to restock al of his records in the proper order he usually preferred.

"In a bit."