17 Days of Prince

Day Ten: 4/14/18
Era: For You

She stood on his porch, anxiously waiting for him to come out to talk to her. Scared out of her mind, she paced back and forth, forth and back. She has something to say. It's more than likely that she would tell him everything she has to say and he wouldn't like it. He won't be happy. They had plans, they had all kinds of plans. The kind of plans that are officially cancelled.

Prince opens the door, looking Diana in the eyes. He immediately smiles. "Oh, it's you!" He leans forward to kiss her cheek. "I have good news!" Diana opens her mouth to deliver the telegram, Prince isn't paying attention and immediately begins spitting out his own news. "We're all set! We're going to New York! I made sure I have enough space for the two of us and we're going to live our best lives! Me, you, drugs, sex, and rock and roll! Well, not the drugs but you get the point. I already signed for the lease and sent the papers back. This is it, Wonder Woman!"

He calls her Wonder Woman. Hence, her name is Diana and he is Prince.

"Prince...." She sighs, far too nervous to look him in his eyes. His head tilts. "Uhm, I can't go."

He scoffs, playfully, and says, "Stop! Come on, I got an advance! We can buy you some luggage, we don't have to share anymore! I want to say bye to your mom too."

"I can't go!"

Her raised voices catches him off guard. "Why?" Prince leans back on his front door, staring into Diana's eyes. She immediately begins to cry. "Why not?" He grabs her hand, trying his best to not panic. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm pregnant."

Never in a million years did she think she would be saying words of the such to the man she'd been studying beneath for the past three years. Prince, he's like her big brother. They'd made all kinds of plans. With Prince not being close to his own family, Diana's family had adopted him to be her own. The truth was so severe that she'd spend the night, him on the couch, and they'd wake up to head to the studio immediately. Prince told Diana that the moment he made it, she was going with him. They were going to travel and experience the world together. Here it is, Diana flushed all of their plans straight down the toilet.

"Diana," He hollers. Anger beat the shock factor to owning his face. "Diana Harolds!"

"Please, don't do this!"

Prince shakes his head and drops her hand. "I'm going to kill him." He pushes past her, carefully enough to not harm her and the fetus she carries within her, stomping down the stairs in direction of his car.

"Where are you going!"

Diana runs down the stairs, standing beside the passenger window of Prince's car. He looks at her. "Get in the car!" Prince yells. She shakes her head, preparing another question. "Diana, get in the fucking car!"

She cries, "I'm not killing my baby!"

"Nobody even said that," He yells back at her. Prince starts the car. "Get in the fucking car before I strap you in here!" 

Diana gets in the car.