17 Days of Prince

Day Four: 4/8/18
Era: Prince

"She hasn't answered any of your calls?" Prince shakes his head at Elise's question.

Prince roams around and around and around and around Elise's home. He can't figure out why she won't call him back. He bought her flowers. He bought her chocolates. He bought her teddy bears and all kinds of gifts. He would have brought the moon to her door step if he had the ability to. He always was on time for their dates and he almost never missed her calls. Actually, he never missed one of her calls. He did everything a boyfriend was supposed to do.

Prince's head shakes, "I don't know why! What could I have possibly done that was so wrong?"

A guilty feeling in Elise's gut made her feel like the biggest slut in the world. It's not what Prince did, it's what Elise did. Sarah doesn't have to say it for Elise to get the picture.

Elise's brain spins around and around and around and around her skull. She knows exactly why Sarah won't call Prince back. Elise was often bought flowers, too. She was bought chocolates. She was bought teddy bears and all kinds of gifts. The sun would sit in her backyard to keep any form of darkness away if it was up to him. He was always on time when she requested him, vice versa. They almost never missed each other's calls. Actually, they never missed each other's calls. She did everything a best friend was supposed to do.

It's hard for someone to respect a friendship from the outside looking in when two best friends blatantly acknowledge that one is in love with the other and nothing ever changes. People feel threatened. Sarah felt threatened. Her departure was not because of Prince, it was because of Elise.

"I'm so sorry."

Prince turns to face a teary-eyed Elise. His wires cross in all possible directions of confusion. "What the hell, shouldn't you be happy? I'm all yours again!" Prince's words are his truth. He did not expect Elise to be so sad and he cannot imagine what reason she has to look like she is about to cry. "What's wrong?"

"I should go."

Elise gathers her art supplies off of Prince's couch and shoves them into her bag. "What are you–" His words are cut off by the slamming of his front door. Prince sighs shaking his head. He isn't worried about Elise being weird. She'll be back in the morning. He picks up the picture of his possible ex-girlfriend and stares at it for a moment. "Oh, Sarah, honey, where are you?"

Not sure if anybody notices because I don't know who's actually reading these but the follow up eras are being hinted at in the dialogue of every post.